Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
ocurtis

Mission Bay Sea Lion Report 2/23

Been skunked a few times lately so I decided to try a late launch. Hit the water at 10 pm. Had a good night with 2 keepers but that's now what I am posting here about.

Any one else notice the Sea Lion's are getting worse? I literately got chased on my kayak by 2 big lions. They were bumping my kayak, pulling on my drive fins, going below me blowing bubbles up at me. One came right at my kayak and swam right by me within touching distance barking away. They chased me away from my hoops and wouldn't let me close for almost an hour. On the water alone, 12am, it is a little freaky. I almost swore off kayaking for lobster... But then my last net came up with a big spiny and I'm back on!

But seriously, what is the solution? I hate them tying to raid my hoops but I understand that's just part of the game. However, when they come after me, its a whole different story. I am about ready to start bringing my Hawaiian sling in case the really attack me.
ocurtis is offline   Reply With Quote