Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #21
'Cuda

I don't know why, but I've always had a thing for jointed lures.......must be the flexability.
Blue Water is currently out of stock and doesn't know why.....Dana Landing has one in blue which I'm picking up tomorrow on my way down to Abreojos.....will report when I return.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #22
ccoral

Send a message via AIM to ccoral
looks like a good t shark bait will buy it as I need everything new then try it out. only 30 dollars man if i thought about what I have spent to catch a fish ouch.
ccoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 PM   #23
h2ofishfo

well i talked him down to 25 but i will give him a call to replace my old model lure persay im always willing to give something another chance if the guy is "stand up " and will vouch for a faulty product "cheerio"
h2ofishfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #24
radastaff

very cool with the manufact response here
i might just pick one up
if i see em local in a store
la area
radastaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
THE DARKHORSE

Don't knock it until you try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO
WWJD?

"I meant to say WWJB?

What would Josh buy?"

First thoughts: Looks great! More importantly, it swims well.

The price? The price is relative. It costs more than a surface-iron, o.k., four times the price of a surface-iron. Maybe you'll catch four times more fish. Anything's possible.

My biggest concerne is if this jig will hold up to locked down drag and big Yellowtail? Then there's the annoying bi-catch: Thresher Sharks, Black Seabass, Mako Sharks and retarded Sealions to name a few. It's hard enough cutting the line on a Mako Shark with a favorite surface iron it's mouth. And that's $8...much less $30 .

I have $40 soft plastic swimbaits too, but they're for freakin' Largemouth Bass. You don't have to worry about a six pound Largemouth burrying you into a lobster pot with 15 lbs of drag. Or a 400 lb Sealion attacking your freshwater Bass.

That said, I won't knock this jig until I try it. With my current stock of irons, I'm probably not going to rush out and buy one. I'd like to see the reaction from non aggressive, free-swimming Yellowtail, though. That would be the ultimate test for me...if the newer version can really handle giant, pissed off fish.

In my opinion, it would be hard to improve on your typical surface-iron that swims well. I know my surface and yo-yo irons draw strikes. My irons even draw strikes from fish that aren't aggressively feeding.

Will this jig replace the surface-iron? We'll see.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #26
newguy01

candy mack?

i the sav on tackle and fishermans hardware in long beach have them already might wanna give a call if if our looking for them.
newguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote