Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
Sherm

bug report. 11-10-09

My buddy Brian was finally able to get away from his BP job and get out on the water with me. We hit the beach around 4:00pm and paddled out with the tide to open water. I forgot it was a holiday today for many people and the traffic on the water showed it. Brian and I had to stay lit up out there or risk getting run over.

We pulled hoops from sunset until 9:30pm. The crawl was good early and then slowed as the night went on. A lot of the boats started to dissapear and then the sea lions showed up. Not as many hoops in the water so they found ours. It was time to go anyway.

We paddled in to glassy conditions that were awesome for paddling. Tide at our back and no a ripple on the water. We made good time back to the beach.

Oh ya.......we came across some divers last night. Brian and I were sitting by our floats and a boat pulls up just outside us and sets anchor. The guy on the boat said he was there to pick up the divers when they were finished. We struck up a conversation with the gentleman and then we see the underwater lights coming. The divers got within about twenty yards of our gear and then turned to their boat and got out of the water. These guys were class acts. They worked towards us and then went around. I saw them later move to another area and do the same thing. They got their dive in and we all communicated and respected each other. It made for a very nice night of hooping.

I got 4 keepers last night and Brian got one. Lots of shorts and clickers last night. Killed another stoagie too.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 11-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
PB fisher
feeesh

Good job from the beach.
Nice report.

PB fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
BT

Thanks again for keepin on me and getting me out Sherm! Looking back at it, even though I got one bug, I did get out of work early and the fact that I paddled back in with just a short sleeve shirt was awesome. Beautiful night on the water for sure and the made it even nicer!

Ditto on the divers! I havent had to many encounters with divers, but we all know how sometimes it may seem they are in our pots. These guys totally avoided the hoops, and at the start of the night there were alot of hoops out there.

Hopefully the weather will hold for the weekend!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
JoeBeck

Those bugs make me eager to to out hooping again. Thanks for the report.
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote