Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
-scallywag-
Banned

LJ - 11/8 & 11/9 to get ur mind off things...

after a hectic couple of weeks (and weekends) i got the chance to take a couple days off so i could attend the meeting yesterday....errrr...anyway i also got to fish sunday and monday !!!

conditions sunday where excellent...light wind, small surf, good current and temp breaks (60.5 to 63.5) lotsa bait but hard to get them to bite the sabiki...also saw a yellow landed that day on the iron and another one "released" yakside...(remember to back off the drag and keep their head in the water when u get them yakside!!).

monday i launched later to windier conditions and light fog...and a little less current....wasted time trying to make bait...had to go to the kelp for some spanish macs...anyway...only one raked bait and a couple bumps on the iron...i did end up running into some guy on a yellow kayak that looked lost...but somehow he managed to scratch a cookie cutter yellow out there somewhere...whatever, blind luck i guess
I also noticed the water vis outside was getting green....and i need some new irons.
El Nino....looks like it could be an interesting winter...this is from NOAA "El Niño is expected to continue strengthening and last through at least the Northern Hemisphere winter 2009-2010."
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Geoffkoop

Thanks for the report. I need to get back out there.
Geoffkoop is offline   Reply With Quote