Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Yakfest 2013?

Whats up everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows any guys or has the "plug" with someone that can get us some sponsors. Let me know whats up trying to get it done sooner than later. Thanks johnny
Old 08-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
KatFish

What exactly would companies be sponsoring? Maybe Im a lil slow. Like OEX or Hobie something like this sponsoring Yakfest for food etc?
KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatFish View Post
What exactly would companies be sponsoring? Maybe Im a lil slow. Like OEX or Hobie something like this sponsoring Yakfest for food etc?
im just trying to see if they can send any products so we can hand out for prizes or whatever at lease try to see if we can get some stickers or something
Old 08-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

we would have to hit up tackle shop owners, then, work our way through to big wigs...lot of work, I will check with the peeps I know, but, it would probably have to be more than just a fishing family...
Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
caddisx
caddisx

Working in education I look at this like I would look at finding prizes for say a jog-a-thon for my school. Find a parent (Indivisual) with time to pound the pavement and go to bussiness and beg, pleed, borrow, and steal for prizes. I find people are always happy to give, especially when they can get some nice publicity.
caddisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #6
Drake

If you show a company a fairly decent ammount of attendance and possible publicity, they will be more more likely to help out. It can't be 12-14 guys just snacking on the beach. It's a good idea, assuming you can get the following and the attention.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
If you show a company a fairly decent ammount of attendance and possible publicity, they will be more more likely to help out. It can't be 12-14 guys just snacking on the beach. It's a good idea, assuming you can get the following and the attention.
Yeah that's the only thing it's next year so not really sure how many people are going to show up but the good thing is we have the time to get the word out and to set things up now. My wife works next door to a news station so maybe I can poke my head in there and see if they would be willing to stop by pretty sure everyone would love that and it would look good for San Diego And the kayak community
Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

I already sent about 6 emails to major company's saying anything they can contribute will be appreciated so we should see
Old 08-20-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
Deefeesha

You think these guys will be interested?

Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #10
JNAST13ST
Living Da Dream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefeesha View Post
You think these guys will be interested?

O hell yeah they would we just have to convince them it's for San Diego they would be all about it lol
Old 08-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNAST13ST View Post
O hell yeah they would we just have to convince them it's for San Diego they would be all about it lol
stone, first they support the MLPA without knowing what is was then they try to brush it off like it was no big deal.

Get in touch with Ballast Point.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #12
finyak

I'am already working on it guys I recently made contact with a person who has put on tournaments for years in San diego.There is a lot to know and do.I will pick his brain as much as possible and I may need to contact an attorney so I get everything right.It's my goal to have a 3 day event within 5-7 years.One thing is for sure it will be catered.With every big event you need volunteers, so if anyone is interested pm me with name and contact information.Stay tuned for YAKFEST 2013

Thanks,Frank
finyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #13
Wanda91
Junior

I'd love to be there if that works
Old 12-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
MrPatrick

Sponsor

Ok, I will be the first sponser. I am amassing a LARGE! Quantiy of plastics. I have over 80 bags so far. I think this time I will put them in a sack and anglers can draw out a bag or two, depending in attendance. If I can keep getting them cheap, I might be able to make some prize packs for the end of the day. I might be able to work with a north county micro-brewery. I have helped out the owners by giving them industrial fans.
When we do the Yakfest 2013 is there a place that allows mellow beer drinking? I have something special in mind 😎.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote