Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #1
jbl_91762

Water Temps Down in OC area

Not sure how water temps are doing down in SD but its cooled big time here in Orange County. First 2 weeks in Aug water temps were in around 67-69 degrees. Last weekend went fishing (1 fish!) and water temps were down to 64-65 and that was all last week with it dropping even down to 62-63 reporting today. I hope you guys down south are having better luck, but I sure am not crazy about driving down 2 hours to have better fishing...but then again I might have to. El Nino my ass!
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:12 AM   #2
Phishphood

Water temp last week was down 10-15 degrees from the week before. At least from Scripps pier to pt Loma.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #3
skrilla

Water temps are down here too. We just had a decent swell. What happens is it upwells that deep cold water. Current and wind can help bring that water closer to shore which is what looks like happened. Forecast for the coming week calls for smaller swell and current pushing NW. That along with sunny days should bring the sea surface temps back up as long as the wind cooperates.