Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Mr. Limpet
Junior

OK Prowler 15 project $150

I've got a prowler 15 with a hole in the hull where I've dragged it too many times. Includes seat and accessories. Good deal for someone who's into making these types of repairs. Check out the craigslist ad. SOLD

I'm in the northwest L.A. area.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...093818623.html

Last edited by Mr. Limpet; 06-27-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Item sold
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Not at all unusual to get a hole in the he keel of those Prowler but dead easy to repair with a torch, butter knife a scrap piece of plastic and a rasp. Some one will get a deal here. GLWS.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #3
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
I've got a prowler 15 with a hole in the hull where I've dragged it too many times. Includes seat and accessories. Good deal for someone who's into making these types of repairs. Check out the craigslist ad.

I'm in the northwest L.A. area.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...093818623.html
Fixing this is not that difficult. For the price this is a very good deal. If you're looking for a starter boat this would be a good deal. I'm sure Andy would make a fair deal for you to weld this. Welding plastic is not that difficult.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #4
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Or a more elaborate fix with I did on one of my Prowlers, I got some aircraft grade carbon fiber fabric and epoxy of eBay and put a couple layers of that on the keel. Stronger than new when finished. Actually scratched the asphalt when I dragged the yak on it.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Old 06-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
jruiz
Large Member

After the repair of the hole I'd be somewhat concerned with the apparent exposure to the sun that it has seen. Either way, good deal for anyone that ends up with it.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Or a more elaborate fix with I did on one of my Prowlers, I got some aircraft grade carbon fiber fabric and epoxy of eBay and put a couple layers of that on the keel. Stronger than new when finished. Actually scratched the asphalt when I dragged the yak on it.
There is a video that Chad Hoover made fixing a kayak in the same area, and he reenforced it with wooden dowels. There's a ton that can be done, and a nice boat in the end. Heck for the price, if you're looking to get into Kayak fishing, this is a great boat to start out in.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 06-26-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
There is a video that Chad Hoover made fixing a kayak in the same area, and he reenforced it with wooden dowels. There's a ton that can be done, and a nice boat in the end. Heck for the price, if you're looking to get into Kayak fishing, this is a great boat to start out in.
Good video. If I still lived up there it would be in my garage tonight and part of the HOW fleet by Monday.
— Herman Melville

Old 06-27-2015, 06:21 AM   #8
Mr. Limpet
Junior

Prowler sold, Thanks

Now I have a little budget to set up my new Wilderness Thresher 140
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:09 AM   #9
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossman View Post
Good video. If I still lived up there it would be in my garage tonight and part of the HOW fleet by Monday.
It was very difficult for me not to jump on this deal. I was thinking of repairing and reselling it, or donating it to the HOW program. I see that it has been sold. That's a great boat for the price and a very easy repair.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Tags
cheap, prowler, repair