Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
Razorback

LJ - 10/14 - Nice workout

Hit the launch @ 9:00AM and planned on working Blacks for Butts. Turn the sounder on and discover a blown fuse. Disappointed but not frustrated. The weather was beautiful, water calm - funky green color w/ poor visiblity. No wind.

Got to the pier and trolled around for bait until my ADD kicked in and knew it was going to be slim pickings finding bait. Tied on a Rapala and a spoon and head NW leaving the butt drifts for another day.

Boys @ North end of Blacks were getting a good deal on the overhead South swell. And I got a nice discovery just outside the surf line. Massive balls of mixed bait. Quickly made dines, big and small Spanish and some funky flying fish type w.o the wings.

Replaced the Rap with the bait and proceeded to paddle NW, tack back South over the Canyon and then in at 1:30. No birds all day until I make it to the bouy and see flocks diving on the NW corner. Damn - why do I make appointments on Friday afternoon.

Lotsa bait North of the pier, lotsa sea lions everywhere spooking my bait - but no BLOOD today. Looks like we need some current to turn the pea soup over and get the bite to turn on. 3 guys at launch had same story for their ride out and south around the corner.

Therapy sesssion complete until next week. Homeguards beware....
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote