Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:41 PM   #21
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Dave

Its nice to know that Turner's allowed you to return the line. Did you spool the line yourself or did you have a tackle shop do it for you? Spectra is susceptible to heating and you can damage the line if there is too much friction on it as you spool it onto your reel. Other than getting a bad/counterfeit spool this may be the cause of your problem. Did you check the remaining line on the spool to see if it was also breaking below the marked test?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 AM   #22
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavster
I just haven't decided which.
Dude, save the research and go with JB. I have 3 reels spooled with the white in 50lb or 65lb. All at different times, 2 by Noah's tackle on convoy and 1 at squidco. NONE have had any problem. They have been through snags in kelp, snags on bottom and been on the reels for atleast a season. Everytime I got my gear back or the flouro broke first.. And that required line wrapped around pliers and a steady vertical pull... Most guys that I know use JB and most tackle stores (that I know of) recommend it. Talk to Kevan at Noah's, he a great guy and has been in the tackle biz for quite some time...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 AM   #23
wavster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
...Did you spool the line yourself or did you have a tackle shop do it for you? ...Did you check the remaining line on the spool
to see if it was also breaking below the marked test?
Douglas,
I spooled the line myself, but it was done at a slow speed. I've checked line on the new spool
that was never used and it reacted the same way.

I checked the countfeit links, but couldn't tell if mine were or not because I had already returned them.

Nate, that's the 2nd recommendation to go to Noah's. I'll check it out and try the JB line. I've
really been frustrated throwing money into the ocean in the form of iron.
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote