Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #1
Slick96003
Junior

Cool Nor Cal newbie wants to buy kayak

Trying to get into ocean kayak fishing looking for a good deal on a used prowler or like kayak
Hopefully in nor cal or willing to ship. White water paddler but totally green in the ocean.
I hope to fish around Trinidad could use any sound advice. Thankyou
Slick96003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
sandico

Interested in a Prowler or similar. What size of paddler are you? Will help to put you in the proper kayak. I would look at Jackson Kraken 13.5 or 15.5, Wilderness Thresher 140 or 155, Malibu Stealth 14, and the Malibu Xfactor. If you are comfortable on the water I would lean towards a faster paddling kayak, Jackson or Wilderness, than one with more stability, Malibu Stealth or XFactor. You will get used to the kayak quick and will never be able to get more speed if you opt for a more stable kayak to start. In your area if the conditions are rougher you may want to go with a larger kayak to help handle the conditions. Get back to me with any questions.

OEX Mission Bay has all of these models and we do ship.

Kerry Peeler
OEX Mission Bay
sandico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wtb prowler