Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
Billy V

CUDA 250 S/Map Fishfinder/GPS Chartplotter

Anyone using this model Eagle Cuda ?

It seems like a good value for a GPS equipped unit and does not require much power to run.
http://www.eaglenav.com/en/Products/...pecifications/
------------------
I've seen the Cuda 168 and thought it worked fine, just looking to add GPS to mark some spots.

-Any reviews or recommendations before I buy....
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
Siebler

That is a very popular unit. The choice sonar/gps combo for OEX. We sell it for 274.95 installed with wire seal.

Its a good unit. i recommend it.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 03:51 AM   #3
'Cuda

I've used it for two years now.....the only problem is corrosion of the connector plug at the back of the unit....if one of the holes becomes blocked then you'll bend the male connectors and they won't line up. I kept them free with wd-40 and bailing wire.
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #4
steveooo

I have had the unit for a little over a year now. Bottom line IMHO is that for the price, you get a functional fishfinder and a functional GPS- but not much more. Neither the finder nor the GPS are great, but unless you are going to jump up to the obscenely priced units, it might be your best bet. When I do take out that unit i use mainly the depth finder, and use my old trusty portable gps because it is more user friendly with more features. On the plus side, the unit has been a work horse. I never rinse my stuff, always leave it sitting in the back of my truck for weeks, and the thing fires up every time. I have been waiting for it to kick the bucket, so I have a reason to upgrade, but it just wont die. Hope this helps.
Steve

Last edited by steveooo; 11-18-2008 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Overactive comma use
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
dorf

I can’t say enough good things about the Cuda 250. I did run into a small corrosion issue early on but a tube of Dielectric grease took care of that. I got mine at OEX Pt Loma and they set me up with installation and a pelican case for the battery. I find that the unit is very easy to use although I would like to see more detail in the Sonar picture. I have had mine for almost a year and don’t know what I would do without it.