Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
zenspearo

(MLPA) SD kayakfishermen and spearos ramping up massive email drive (July 10-19)

And want to invite other regions to join.

Here's the scoop.

Despite the rather good turnout of 280, San Diego kayakfishermen and spearos are not exactly ecstatic. We think we can, correct that, we need, to do better.

We don't think the number reflects the passion of San Diegans in protecting their beloved fishing grounds.

Since the comment period runs to July 19, SD spearos and kayakfishermen are ramping up an email drive.

1) We are analyzing Lapis 1 and other maps in the next few days. Will be posting our analysis.

1.a) We will drive the email campaign online (spearboard, the various kayakfishing websites, Bloodydecks) and with our clubs to submit comments about Lapis 1, and other maps. Being San Diegans, we want to address La Jolla.

2) We also will analyze the other maps and will debunk once and for all the myth spread by the preservationists that other maps look the same and thus should have been combined to make room for a preservationist's map (the sour grape complaint). This will also be part of the email drive. We will kill this myth once in for all with facts.

2.a) We will also provide this online to make it part of the emails sent into the MLPA people.

Here's the invitation: Over the weekend, SD kayakfishermen and spearos will be working hard at analysis and strategy for the email drive. 500 emails is not unrealistic. If you already provided comments at the meetings but find in our analysis something that reflect your value that you didn't say it earlier, send in another email and let them know what you think!

We (I in particular) don't know the geographies of other regions but willing to share our methodologies and findings. If other regions want to post on the forums to push their drive, you will find a friend among San Diego kayakfishermen/spearos posters. Contact me (Jeff S., Eugene K.? Adam S.?, Grego? others).

We had a strong showing for this workshop series. We still have fantastic opportunities to drive our message until July 19th. Let's drive this and finish round 2 strong.

Note: Cross-post on Spearboard. Could someone please help cross-post on other kayakfishing sites?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Grego

Joe, thanks to you and all the spearos for your hard work. Please keep me informed of your strategy/analysis so I can see the angle your taking. The Reserve Closure at Rocky Point is the worst scenario of all the maps for us.

Grego
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Billy V

Letter on the way to you Joe.

Please review and comment.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #4
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Thanks Joe. Back to the grind of looking over MLPA stuff.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #5
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

bump again. I know, yet more MLPA info. I am just as sick of it as everyone else.

I know lots of guys couldn't make it to the open houses for whatever reason. This is your chance to write your comments. Our reps really need our support. You can do this from the comfort of your own home or work.

Also, those that did attend the open house and talked to RSG members, a personalized follow up email to the ones you talked to can't hurt. Restate your position and thank them for their time. I have an email list of all the RSG members if you need it.

The open houses had a general comments sheet, to comment on which maps you liked best, and a specific comment sheet to talk about which specific closures on specific maps you liked or disliked. I think that would be a good start as to the content of the email.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

BUMP!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #7
Matt
Support your local pangas

Bumpity bump....just sent an email to the process ....please everyone take the 15 minutes and contribute anything you can!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

bump again...
Some of the people that came up with the horrible idea of the Lapis 1 map, think of it as incomplete or a work in progress. They want even more closures than that map shows.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Bump.
Last chance to submit your comments. Even if you already submitted something, submit again. Vote early and often . Seriously if you didn't say everything you wanted to in your last letter or public comment, now is the time. Our comments will help shape the drawing of the next round of maps.