Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 AM   #1
BWE
Administrator

WCW For Dummies

Want to play but can't figure out how the darn thing works? I'll try to break it down here so that you too can have that cool red font on your username.

WCW runs from May 19th 2007 to May 18th 2008. The goal is to have caught the most total weight of fish during that period. You can submit two fish per month UNLESS you catch a slam (yellowtail, white seabass and halibut) that month in which case all three fish can be submitted. 1st through 3rd place receive a cash payout at the end of the year. Submissions are done online with required photographs to verify length and weight.

In addition to this total weight competition there are also optional side pots for heaviest single fish of each species (yellowtail, white seabass, halibut and slam). These four jackpots are $20 each to enter and the top three places receive a cash prize. 1st place in each jackpot will also receive a prize pack from one of our sponsors (example: Yellowtail Jackpot winner will receive cash plus 10 cases of Yellowtail Pale Ale from Ballast Point).

The top 20 finishers in WCW at the end of the year will be invited to the WCW invitational in June. This one day tournament will have no entry fee but great prizes up for competition.

Every contestant entered in WCW will be entered into a monthly raffle for no additional charge and receive a free BWE T-Shirt.

Your entry fee also gets you into the kickoff tournament on May 19 at La Jolla Shores. All fish caught at this event will receive a 5 point bonus for West Coast Whoppers (one fish per person).

For complete rules and submission info click here
BWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
FISHIONADO

1139 people registered on BWE and only 29 have signed up for WCW? Come on folks, get on it. I don't expect to place in the money but I will be very proud of a top 10 finish or getting into the top 20 invitational tourney. I fished more last year because I had a little extra motivation being in the tourney. Anyone could win one of the jackpots with a single lucky catch. Non-competitors will be known as the "Pastie Patrol". lol
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
Iceman
Administrator

I am in it to win it and I plan to prove that it does not take a long drive to La Jolla to be a contender.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Think I will be entering this....can someone change my avatar too?

A question though...what's the entry fee for a 7 year old?
C'mon, make it reasonable. I ain't payin' his way, he can use his birthday fund...

Should be fun...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #5
wavster

I'm in it for the comeraderie, the lifelong friendships and the wonderful conversation
...yea right!! I'm in it for the catch, cash, & prizes (especially the YT ale)

Seriously, it pushes me to work harder at learning how to find, hook and land the
big ones. Time on the water is one thing, but it doesn't make up for true experience,
something I'm seriously lacking.

There are lots of guys out there that really know how to fish. I'm working hard at
increasing my knowledge and only time will tell if I've learned anything by May 18, 2008,
when the final numbers are tallied.

By the way, Best of Luck to all who have entered. I look forward to a year of friendly competition.
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Jim Sammons LJKF

Well I am in, not that I expect to do anything. I don't get enough solo fishing time to have a chance.
You guys always show for the Moyer event, so I had to give you some of my dough as pay back.
Good Luck everyone.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:24 PM   #7
wavster

I noticed looking at the 2006 Leaders board that there are some entries such as
Mulligan played, Wildcard played.

My question is this: I didn't see mention of those things in this year's rules.
Do Mulligans and Wildcards apply this year? If so, how does that work? Are there other
things that aren't stated that we should know about?
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
esdees
The Good Clone

Nope, it's really simple this year. Up to two fish per month (three if you get the slam), one point per pound.
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #9
tattuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I am in it to win it and I plan to prove that it does not take a long drive to La Jolla to be a contender.

I'm with ya on that one Andy! I plan on getting my first LA yellow and wsb from the yak up here this year. I've done it on party boats so I know it's possible.

Although I've already entered, is it too late for me to enter the jackpots? That Yellowtail Pale Ale is a BIG incentive!

Wait a minute....is'nt my name supposed to be in red?
tattuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #10
dgax65
Guerro Grande

I know that I won't get out on the water enough to crack the top ten, but I'd be happy if I can get into the Invitational. Hope springs eternal.....
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattuna View Post
Wait a minute....is'nt my name supposed to be in red?
Sorry, my bad... Got you red now! Thanks for your support Charles and everyone else!

15 more days gang.
lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #12
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
Think I will be entering this....can someone change my avatar too?

A question though...what's the entry fee for a 7 year old?
C'mon, make it reasonable. I ain't payin' his way, he can use his birthday fund...

Should be fun...
WTG Tman. Get the rest of the LP to throw their hat in.

See ya on the water.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:33 AM   #13
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattuna View Post

Although I've already entered, is it too late for me to enter the jackpots? That Yellowtail Pale Ale is a BIG incentive!
It is my understanding an angler may sign up for a JP any time of the year, however, they must be signed up for the particular JP, before catching, and submitting any of the species...

Unofficial BWE representative...
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #14
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
1139 people registered on BWE and only 29 have signed up for WCW? Come on folks, get on it. I don't expect to place in the money but I will be very proud of a top 10 finish or getting into the top 20 invitational tourney. I fished more last year because I had a little extra motivation being in the tourney. Anyone could win one of the jackpots with a single lucky catch. Non-competitors will be known as the "Pastie Patrol". lol
I just got my boat Sat, Give me a couple of weeks to get used to it and I will join you guys down there..
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #15
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

"Patsie Patrol" Too funny....

That should be the member ranking beneath there usernames..
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote