Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
danjor

silverwood lake 4/29

Ill be heading to silverwood tomorrow morning fishing for largemouth and maby some strippers. Gotta try out my new baitcaster setup, i bought me one for my bday since i have came to the conclusion that theres fish in that lake my ultralight cant handle. =) PM me if your intrested. Should be great day with low winds
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
danjor

Water was way low today. No clue on water temp my fish finder died after 10 minutes of being on. =( day started out slow, all the cover i normally fish was above water, so i tried some new places and it went well. Cought 1 small mouth 3 large mouth countless baby bass and one huge catfish. 28 inch fat catfish bit my lure on my ultralight, after a long fight i got it next to the yak and it spit on me. Also learned my lession about landing catfish. Do not land catfish like a bass. It bit onto my thumb and woulnt let go had to pry its mouth open with pliers, talk about bass thumb lol. No luck with the stripers. Ended up keeping a 16 inch and a 17 inch bass.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Deefeesha

Thanks for the report. Couldn't wake up on time, so we said screw it.
Deefeesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
danjor

Weather was amazing. Only a very slight breeze in the afternoon. Alot of bass boatz running around scaring the fish. But i made it work.