Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Daltontribe
Surf Launch Roll Tester

Hobie Outback vs Revolution

Seeing as I'll be going from a Emotion Grandslam to a Hobie, of the Hobie Mirage Revolution or Hobie Mirage Outback which one is better for fishing off shore of say La Jolla, or the kelp off of Carlsbad and any open water for that matter. Is the speed of the revolution that much of a diff? Or do most prefer the stability of the Outback, Id like to try targeting WSB, big hallies, an the occasional yellow when i can. And Im up in Oceanside, so where is a good place to get them?

Daniel
Daltontribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
jorluivil

The age old question.............

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
Phatford
Heroes on the Water Staff

If you do a search, you will find that this question can't be answered!
They are both good in their own way, as well as bad in their own way... You probably will not regret getting either boat once you outfit it to your needs, unless you really wanted a Pro Angler! ha ha
Phatford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
smithers

Happy with my revo

I saw rumours of the new PA online the very day my new Revo 11 arrived. Full details came out a few days later.

That is the boat I certainly would have bought; designed from ground up for fishing and just light enough to go on my rack. I was very close to returning the Revo. (Cost of shipping plus waiting unknown weeks for the new boat made me decide to keep the Revo. Will probably get add a PA later, maybe in winter for some hoop netting. Leave one boat down in SD keep one here in Ventura...

However, after taking the Revo 11 out a couple times, I love it. Most of all I love that it's so light I can just pick it up and slide it on the roof. Pick it up, put it on my head, and walk down to shore. If it were any heavier I wouldn't be able to move it this way without worrying about hurting my back, which I've had trouble with before. I bought a cart but haven't even used it yet.

I considered the Outback also, and realized that for hoop netting that would be much better than the Revo. But again, if you have any concerns about moving the thing, Revo 11 is a sweet boat I'm so glad I kept it. 11 is probably small for someone over 6'.
smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Yakin

I would say if you got minor back problems or can't lift much go with the revo.
As for me I have the PA and it is a battle ship made for fishing toads!
was in 3 foot swells standing in it taking a piss off the side no problem at all!
Depends on what you are looking into doing.
Go to OEX and go test drive a couple of their outback and revos lift them peddle/paddle in them and see witch is best to your likings
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Don't forget the Adventure

Old 05-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

I've been holding off on even trying a honor because I know I'd want nothing else after, but I'm quite sure I'd go for that adventure when I pull the trigger. I mean... I pretty much have to
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote