Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #1
Mr_Fixit

More Laws coming?

Mostly likely via Executive order, new controls over fishing are most likely going to be implemented. These laws will most likely extend well into international waters. It seems this is targeted at commercial fishing, but here in CA, it is likely these laws will extend to recreational fishing.

In case yall didnt know, its unconstitutional for the president to make laws via EO. That bypasses the function of Congress. However that has not stopped Obama yet.

Lets all hope this does not come to pass. If Obama gets his way, lets home CA does not implement something worse, as they have a history of doing.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...e-fearful.html
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

All of LJ is now probably going to be declared a national Monument, no fishing within 200 miles of the Northwest Corner in all directions.

99.9999999999% of the ocean is not a mlpa, so be thankful! It's going to be perfectly fine to to fish all you want 200 miles from the coast! In 50,000 feet of water! Hopefully those rockfish and yellowtail will spill over into that zone in a few years...

By the way you do have to buy a fishing licence and it's going to cost more next year. You will also be forced to buy a fishing licence whether you fish or not, it will be added to your Obamacare dues. You will also be fined if you don't pay in to the system.

Last edited by ful-rac; 09-13-2016 at 12:06 PM.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
All of LJ is now probably going to be declared a national Monument, no fishing within 200 miles of the Northwest Corner in all directions.

99.9999999999% of the ocean is not a mlpa, so be thankful! It's going to be perfectly fine to to fish all you want 200 miles from the coast! In 50,000 feet of water! Hopefully those rockfish and yellowtail will spill over into that zone in a few years...

By the way you do have to buy a fishing licence and it's going to cost more next year. You will also be forced to buy a fishing licence whether you fish or not, it will be added to your Obamacare dues. You will also be fined if you don't pay in to the system.

That's funny shit!!!

On a real note......

uploadfromtaptalk1473803633710.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

My question is, " If the government owns planet earth, then who did they buy it from"????

Old 09-13-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
ful-rac
Emperor

They bought it from AL Gore silly....
Old 09-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
Mahigeer

When did this KAYAK FISHING website turned into political arena?

I guess fishing has been slow.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
octico

Quote:
They bought it from AL Gore silly....
LOL ... that's funny shit!
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #8
east county dirtbag

All the government does is fuck the collective ass of the people
east county dirtbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 PM   #9
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
When did this KAYAK FISHING website turned into political arena?

I guess fishing has been slow.
Since it affected your "KAYAK FISHING" (i.e. MLPA closures, licenses, fees, tickets, etc.)

Get complacent and they'll outlaw fishing. All you'll be left with is kayaking.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #10
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Since it affected your "KAYAK FISHING" (i.e. MLPA closures, licenses, fees, tickets, etc.)

Get complacent and they'll outlaw fishing. All you'll be left with is kayaking.
I am going to assume that by “you” you do not mean me personally.

Fishing friends that know me can tell you that; I have been very active since 2006, when I met Ken Jones. The author of Pier Fishing in California, 2nd addition. The president of United Pier and Shore Anglers of California (UPSAC) and owner of pierfishing.com website. I have spent money and time for fishing related causes including fighting the City of Manhattan Beach for closing the pier.

Many hours spent in meetings regarding MLPA as the board member and the Southern California representative for UPSAC.

Much time and money spent in giving seminars and conducting kid’s derbies to get the next generation interested in fishing.
Running a booth at Fred Hall Show to sign up members to help UPSAC with fishing related issues.

The old proverb says “don’t use canon to kill a mosquito”. For less than a cost of dinner for two in a moderately priced restaurant, a YEARLY fishing license can be purchased.
It will put the anglers’ mind at ease who wants to fish fresh and salt water for an ENTIRE year.
It also helps the F&W with income to do their job. They are short staffed, and by not buying license, they will lose more revenue and may become even smaller.

My suggestion is to spend time and money to reverse MLPA. Put the fishing license on the Xmas list and then forget about the cost.

Lastly, since there is no license required to fish any California public pier and most jetties, one can avoid paying for dreaded fishing license and still enjoy fishing!

I can go on and on, but I think I will stop at this point.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:46 AM   #11
CR Yaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by east county dirtbag View Post
All the government does is fuck the collective ass of the people
But we the people are the government. So does that mean we fuck our own ass???

Mark
CR Yaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #12
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by east county dirtbag View Post
All the government does is f@#$ the collective a$$ of the people
Of course the government does not provide fire fighters, police, military, road construction, shelters, disaster aide, so on and so far.

The government does not provide jobs for its employees in various departments. Said employees do not pay taxes and purchase goods.

The manufacturers do not produce goods for the government employees.

Grocery stores do not sell to the government employees.

I stop here.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:08 PM   #13
Gr8fuldude

Personally, I enjoy living in a country with a functional government. The benefits FAR outweigh the costs for me and my family.
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #14
monstahfish

Any of you actually read any articles on this monument? Or have any experience in the area? They had Capt. Keith who I respect on there spreading a little misinformation. The notion that commercial fisherman have the interest of maintaining their fisheries especially in New England is only partially true, in that most of them couldn't give two shits about the next generation or leaving anything for the rec fisherman. I have been to many new england fisheries management council meetings and watched as our catch rates of stripers dropped precipitously and our herring population was thown into a moratorium but continued to be killed by pair trawlers. Every time the subject of reducing the take was brought up on both the commercial and rec side, comms along with party and six pack boats pitched a fit and got the new regs delayed for years. My catch rate in 3 years went from say 20 fish a day to maybe 2 if I was lucky, while they continued to crush our spawning stock(big female breeders prime for the commercial market). The biggest threat to our fisheries in the northeast is shortsighted commercial fisherman.
Particularly, the most dangerous of the commercial fleet are midwater pair trawlers and bottom draggers. These are the most likely to be affected by this new monument and are owned by huge corporations. Imagine two 130 foot boats, with a net spread between them about a half mile apart with the aid of a spotter plane and advanced sonar scooping up everything they can get in their path and discarding the thousands of dead fish they aren't allowed to targer. I have personally seen miles of breeder sized striped bass dumped by these boats.
The draggers are also brutal in that they cover up the bottom section and destroy all the critical habitat our groundfish feed in. The fact that they closed an area to these guys and gave the lobster and crab guys 7 years to find new water, or a new fishery is no skin off my back. They worked on this for a while to maximize the benefit of these nursery and spawning areas and minimize the hit to the comms. Obama didn't just all of a sudden decide he was going to close a large swath of ocean. I should also note, these are facts from my personal experience and research on the subject. I'm not a fan of either the democratic or republican party and I think they both need to be disbanded for the public good so don't go throwing around the crazy left thing because I'm capable of seeing both sides of the coin. Furthermore, nobody should believe anything they see on fox news, go out and do your own research.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #15
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8fuldude View Post
Personally, I enjoy living in a country with a functional government. The benefits FAR outweigh the costs for me and my family.
What exactly is your definition of functional?

We're just lucky there isn't chaos right now, and we've been keeping the economy afloat. Stay vigilant my friends, things are about to get REAL!!

Old 09-16-2016, 12:08 PM   #16
ful-rac
Emperor

So where should we get our news if not FOX? What would you recommend?

MSNBC ?
CNN?
ABC?
NBC?
NPR?
The Los Angles Times?
The Huffington Post?
Perez Hilton?
TMZ?

Or should we just get our news filtered thru everyone on facebook?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:54 PM   #17
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
So where should we get our news if not FOX? What would you recommend?

MSNBC ?
CNN?
ABC?
NBC?
NPR?
The Los Angles Times?
The Huffington Post?
Perez Hilton?
TMZ?

Or should we just get our news filtered thru everyone on facebook?
I'd start with Drudgereport, Breitbart, Goldsilver.com (fanancial). Btw, I don't do fascist book.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #18
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Ronald Reagan hits the nail on the head!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKUmgOGhlw4/

Old 09-16-2016, 01:38 PM   #19
ful-rac
Emperor

What no Alex Jones?
Old 09-16-2016, 01:55 PM   #20
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
What no Alex Jones?
His rants are too much for me, and I don't like the fact he ignores some very important news. Some say he's controlled opposition, and that's not too hard to believe. Still better than Fox though