Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2016, 04:39 PM   #21
FISH11

I personally think the rest of us should get to use poachers as SHARK BAIT!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #22
Gr8fuldude

Criminals often factor in fines/jail time as "the cost of doing business" should they get caught. It's a big ocean, and since DFW can't police all of it all the time, one's chances of getting caught are pretty low. Therefore I see the excessive fines as necessary to make the criminals reconsider their cost/benefit calculations.

I agree with you on one thing, Silbaugh. Let's not call them poachers, when in fact they are CRIMINALS
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 PM   #23
Wyota

Let's use the whole definition

Silbaugh,

If you are using the online links (looks like you used dictionary.com instead of Websters), as your example, then let's use the entire definitions

Further down in dictionary.com, it also states poach as a verb, that among others includes the definition "to take game or fish illegally".

At the Webster's link, it also states "also: to take game or fish illegally".

Let's not cherry pick parts of the definition, let's source the entire definition if we are going to use a dictionary as our source

Just on a historical note, both mention the word's origin in middle England. That helps explain the "landowner" part, because back then, the land and the game upon it belonged to the lord who owned the lands.

Looks like both Websters and dictionary.com have included the more modern definition of the term. Even Oxford dictionary from England has updated it to include "Illegally hunt or catch (game or fish) on land that is not one's own, or in contravention of official protection." In this case, official protection would be the gamelaws.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poach
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poaching
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/poach

And for the record, I deplore poachers of all types, both private and commercial. You see it all the time, folk with too many lobsters, too many fish, undersized fish. All because the either think the rules don't apply to them, or think that they are the exception. It is, pure and simple, a case of where there is no sense of community or tribe. Folks are out for what benefits them alone, and to heck with how it affects those to their left and their right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
It's pretty funny how brainwashed people are. You have a computer in your hand and yet your too damn lazy to look up websters Dictionary.

Poaching Defintion= noun
the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.
any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like.

So did they poach by definition? No, and you gladly congratulate the DFG for busting a couple OLD guys for a dozen abalone, and 3 lobsters, and yet your completely clueless on the REAL FACTS. Every single year the commercial industry has been gaining revenue and yet it hasn't rung a bell yet.

Lets explore the facts:At the height of the Abalone Commercial Fishing Industry was bringing in 2000 metric tonnes of abalone. Let's put this in perspective for you. 4,408,000 Pounds of Abalone from the Commercial fishing industry! Of course the depletion of the resource didn't happen from recreational fishermen, but from commercial fishermen. Since then farming of the abalone become a major effort since it was the commercial fishermen who F***ed up the resource. Of course they don't ban or hardly put restrictions, but started farming.

Now, lets look at commercial fishing of Spiny Lobsters, because those evil fishermen took 3 (2 weeks before the season, how dare they). Here's a paragraph I found from the Monterey Research Facility:Establishing the import and export figures for California spiny lobster is rather complicated due to the lack of delineation of the term “lobster” in most databases. However, the 2010 ex-vessel value of the California lobster fishery was $11.13 million in 2010 (CalCOFI 2011). This is up from the $7.89 million in 2009, and the previous high of $8.06 million set in 2006 (CalCOFI 2011).
The majority of the lobster caught in California is exported and shipped live (as they cannot be tailed for market) to Asian countries, particularly China, in the last several years (Barksy pers.comm. 2012).

Did you read that??? $11 Million in revenue, for 400 Metric Tonnes (881,848 lbs) of Lobster, most of which is being EXPORTED!!! You people gladly encourage exporting your resource meanwhile frown on a 75 year old guy keep 3 lobsters - 2 weeks out of season. THIS IS INSANE!!! THINK, IT AINT ILLEGAL YET!!
Wyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #24
jorluivil

Just called the production line and talked to Smiling Mike, told him to get lines 3 and 4 going because we're gonna need more popcorn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pete-cipriano-3rd.jpg (79.1 KB, 109 views)

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #25
jorluivil

Who's up for a friendly wager on how long it'll be before this thread gets closed?

Old 09-15-2016, 07:20 PM   #26
jruiz
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Who's up for a friendly wager on how long it'll be before this thread gets closed?
Wouldn't that be by definition, violating their first amendment rights? I think moderators would be better off writing a letter to cease and desist under the guidelines that if they continue to violate forum policy that they may be within their rights to ban the individuals.
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #27
Iceman
Administrator

I am going to ban the next person to post something stupid in this thread............ready Go!
Old 09-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #28
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I am going to ban the next person to post something stupid in this thread............ready Go!

Wait....what do you consider 'stupid'?

Old 09-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #29
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyota View Post
Silbaugh,

If you are using the online links (looks like you used dictionary.com instead of Websters), as your example, then let's use the entire definitions

Further down in dictionary.com, it also states poach as a verb, that among others includes the definition "to take game or fish illegally".

At the Webster's link, it also states "also: to take game or fish illegally".

Let's not cherry pick parts of the definition, let's source the entire definition if we are going to use a dictionary as our source

Just on a historical note, both mention the word's origin in middle England. That helps explain the "landowner" part, because back then, the land and the game upon it belonged to the lord who owned the lands.

Looks like both Websters and dictionary.com have included the more modern definition of the term. Even Oxford dictionary from England has updated it to include "Illegally hunt or catch (game or fish) on land that is not one's own, or in contravention of official protection." In this case, official protection would be the gamelaws.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poach
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/poaching
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/us/poach

And for the record, I deplore poachers of all types, both private and commercial. You see it all the time, folk with too many lobsters, too many fish, undersized fish. All because the either think the rules don't apply to them, or think that they are the exception. It is, pure and simple, a case of where there is no sense of community or tribe. Folks are out for what benefits them alone, and to heck with how it affects those to their left and their right.
You're absolutely right, if we're gonna mention illegal/ legal you can't ignore a law dictionary (blacks law).....

In English criminal law. The unlawful entry upon land for the purpose of taking or destroying game; the taking or destruction of game upon another's land, usually committed at night. Steph. Crim. Law 119, et seq.; - Sleph. Comm. 82.

Law Dictionary: What is POACHING? definition of POACHING (Black's Law Dictionary)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2016, 08:52 PM   #30
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

uploadfromtaptalk1474001521017.jpg

Old 09-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #31
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Blacks law dictionary 10th edition

60k fines, and you guys were worried they would go bankrupt with out our fishing licenses.

Soon to be called fishing tax.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:18 PM   #32
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
They should of called Wiredantz for advice

I would of told them to slip some bills to orange county clerk, but he got busted.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr...y-scheme-fix-0

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 03:23 AM   #33
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokie View Post
This has got to be one of the most ignorant comments I've seen on this board. If you've been fishing long enough, you'll come to learn that poaching has no race...people of all colors poach and its a problem.

I'm diggin' that chart Ful-Rac...lol.
It's not ignorant at all, it's just an observation, just like it's an observation that more black young men do drive by shootings than young white men, even though young white men outnumber them. To think otherwise is ignorant.

Of course people of ALL races poach, there's just a tendency that seems to lean towards the very FACT that people from the far East do it more often percentage-wise as a race. To think otherwise is also ignorant.

Aaron
Old 09-16-2016, 03:52 AM   #34
ceruleandrms

I can't wait til someone, ANYONE catches something so we can all talk about that and put this to rest. Just sayin'.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
ceruleandrms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:47 AM   #35
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Talking I wonder how many.............................................. ......

Lobster & abalone the "old" guys took before they got caught,or maybe the old guy played by the rules his whole life and said F... it...I'm going to eat an abalone dinner before I die.....all the more reason to have a lottery for the taking of abalone

Last edited by MITCHELL; 09-16-2016 at 05:30 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 05:19 AM   #36
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredantz View Post
I would of told them to slip some bills to orange county clerk, but he got busted.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-cdca/pr...y-scheme-fix-0
Last year over a dozen judges, and 450 (yes you read that right 450!) prosecutors were thrown off cases for corruption! And people keep worshipping the state!

Amazing!!uploadfromtaptalk1474031987821.jpg

Old 09-16-2016, 05:49 AM   #37
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceruleandrms View Post
I can't wait til someone, ANYONE catches something so we can all talk about that and put this to rest. Just sayin'.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
They said these guys had 3 lobsters (2 weeks out of season), and 12 abalone. I pointed out how the commercial fishing industry wrecked the abalone and had to result to farming to keep up with commercial demands 4,400,000 lbs of abalone fished. And lobster brought in almost 900,000 lbs (same numbers it did in the 60's. Meanwhile, we're exporting most of these two things to China, Vietnam, etc. So nobody gets pissed at millions of pounds of our resources being exported for profits, and yet are outraged over 3 lobster and a dozen abalone??

And at the same time, misuse the word poach, negating the legal definition of the word

The Cognitive Dissonance is so thick in the chat I could cut it with a spoon!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1474033728433.jpg

Old 09-16-2016, 05:55 AM   #38
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Having some fun with the memes!!

uploadfromtaptalk1474034112397.jpguploadfromtaptalk1474034116278.jpg

Old 09-16-2016, 06:26 AM   #39
ful-rac
Emperor

DEEP? DEEP?

I think we have gone off the deep end here!

A poaching thread turned into Asian poachers, scientific graphs, constitutional rights, learning about the definition of certain words, black drive by shootings, doubling down on Asian poachers, public official corruption, conspiracy theory, memes by the meme King...

What next?!
Old 09-16-2016, 06:34 AM   #40
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I think we have gone off the deep end here!

A poaching thread turned into Asian poachers, scientific graphs, constitutional rights, learning about the definition of certain words, black drive by shootings, doubling down on Asian poachers, public official corruption, conspiracy theory, memes by the meme King...

What next?!
Hey, you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

I just refuse the Kool aid