Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
Tac.Fish0313

So what do you call it?

Hey everyone just paying it forward here but I wanted to share a Mexican Gov website that exclusively describes Mexico’s variety of fishes in their waters with both English and Spanish names of fishes, and allows you to pick what zones you may be in either on Pacific or Caribbean side. However, being that it’s a Mexican Gov page most of the info will be in Spanish, so make sure to select translate in your own respective Mac or PC browsers. This may come in handy if anglers are going down south not knowing what to call ur catch in their language.

White Seabass = Corvina blanca

https://www.biodiversidad.gob.mx/uso...eces/resultado

-Tac.fish
Tac.Fish0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:23 AM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

That is a great site for referencing the different fish available in Mexico. I will say that there are many regionalized names for the more popular fish. I have not fished all of Mexico but certainly have covered a good part of the Baja Peninsula and have never heard the WSB referred to as a Corvina Blanca. Here in central Baja they are called Curvina. (of course in Spanish the V is always pronounced as a B so if the locals try to anglicize fish like Corvina, Corbina and Curvina, they are very close in pronunciation) There are regions to the north that I have heard them called Cabria Blanca. Thank for passing along the link.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #3
Tac.Fish0313

Hey man no problem glad to be of help.
Tac.Fish0313 is offline   Reply With Quote