Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
MurseStrong
Junior

PNW MurseStrong Intro

Fellow Fisherman & Kayak enthusiasts, my name is Hugh and I live up North in Portland, Oregon. I have a high stress job in healthcare and kayak fishing has has allowed me the solitude and adventure that my soul craves, while rekindling a passion for sport fishing that my father passed onto me since I was young. My father lives in Mexico on the mainland side of the Sea of Cortez, and even though we have our differences we have always made amends over some good adventures in fishing.
I hope to make it to California for the Shelter Cove event next year but in 2015 I am planning a wedding and more importantly a Baja kayak fishing honeymoon...or should I say a honeymoon with some kayak fishing involved
Has anyone ever stayed at Rancho Leonero, Los Barriles Baja, or kayak fished the area of East Cape? I have some time to plan this but any Intel or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated and never forgotten.
Mucho gusto & looking forward to connecting with some of you one of these days. If you're ever on the Oregon Coast and looking to get into some fish I'd be happy to share some advice on some ongoing lessons learned.
-MurseStrong
MurseStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:09 AM   #2
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

I have been to Rancho Leonero and kayak fished there on a couple ocaisions. They are very well set up for the kayak angler. They have some very nice rental yaks set up with rod holders and other fishing amenities. They also have Hobies available. Great fishing within easy paddling distance. You can expect cabria pargo and amberjack within a mile of shore. I have even had Dorado and marlin do drive by In that same area. Roosters in the area depending on the season. If you wanted to paddle a bit farther, chances at tuna are certainly possibilities.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #3
Big Wave Dave

I've heard nothing but good things about Rancho Leonaro. Congrats and have a good time.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote