Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2018, 09:19 AM   #1
da22y

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Obed View Post
Im on year 3 with my Lowrance unit.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
What model you use?
My Lowrances ( HDS2, Hook 5, Elite 5ti )in the past never lasted me 3 years.

Water leaked mostly in the SD slot, twice I even put silicone glue shut the access door, it still managed to die...
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
_Obed
Bird nest master

Quote:
Originally Posted by da22y View Post
What model you use?
My Lowrances ( HDS2, Hook 5, Elite 5ti )in the past never lasted me 3 years.

Water leaked mostly in the SD slot, twice I even put silicone glue shut the access door, it still managed to die...
That sucks. Wtf are you doing? Jajaja jk. I have a ti unit. But that sucks honestly wtf are you doing? I fish with people with WAY older units. My first graph i got was a passed down hummingbird i think i got it from danowar yrs ago and its was mega used bnw unit. Worked great for over a year until i upgraded for hype reasons jajaja. Try not dunking them so much or getting splash on it whatever the situation is, that sounds like a shit ass experience. Pretty loyal to stay with the company after all that.

_Obed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
da22y

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Obed View Post
\

that sounds like a shit ass experience. Pretty loyal to stay with the company after all that.

Nope ! I switch to Raymarine Dragonfly since .

Doing the exactly same shit I do with FF , but it held up like wearing a bulletproof vest !

Bought from Westmaine, so exchange is no cost, I doubt I will need to buy another FF for a long while ...
da22y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
_Obed
Bird nest master

Quote:
Originally Posted by da22y View Post
Nope ! I switch to Raymarine Dragonfly since .

Doing the exactly same shit I do with FF , but it held up like wearing a bulletproof vest !

Bought from Westmaine, so exchange is no cost, I doubt I will need to buy another FF for a long while ...
Thats good buddy, lets not get too distracted with the fact the OP has a dragonfly and he is looking for something "better"...

Are you really gonna recommend something he cleary commented he has and is looking to go away from?

Lets keep it more constructive gents. Idc what you use, just leave your rec and move along.. lol.

Thanks for the comment da22y

_Obed is offline   Reply With Quote