Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Thumbs up MLPA Meeting May 21st!

Some people have asked about the next meeting!! Here it is, attend if you can, we are making noise!

Public comment for the May 21st RSG meeting is now set for 9:00AM, get there early to sign a speaking card. I think the meeting starts at 8:00AM.

Meeting located at:

Doubletree Hotel
201 East MacArthur Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92707
Tel: 1-714-825-3333

Directions from their Website, you may want to verfiy

LINK CLICK HERE

ROLL CALL!!!!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #2
landwhale

ROLL CALL!!!!

Steven Green

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
steveooo

Steve Orr
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

Cool

Thanks guys!!

Remember do not let them group your speaking time, the work session (MPA size, and placement decision time) will be after public comment.

Everyone bring a written statement to turn into Kelly Sayce MLPA outreach coordinator, whether you speak, or cede your time.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
zenspearo

Here's something I posted on Spearboard but I think the message is applicable to all consumptives.

Guys/gals,

I know it's been a long and hard week.

Tomorrow, Thursday May 21st at 9AM, is another RSG public comment period.

My concern is the Laguna keep-everyone-out groups (you saw how they worked at last night's meeting) and the anti-consumptives will be there in force to give the RSG an earful, and there is no counter testimony from the kayakfishers, the spearos and other consumptives.

They will get the last words in. That's my worry.

The RSG reps, weary from their two days of work and late nights, will have that stuck in their heads as they go into the crucial LAST DAY of negotiation after the 9AM public testimony in drawing up second-round maps. If the anti-consumptives get the last words in, I don't need to tell you what a disaster that will be for us.

I'm asking for people to reach deep and do it one more time. Show up at 9AM on Thursday and speak out for your fishing/spearing/kayakfishing spots.

Let's rally the college students, the guys who are not stuck in jobs (by choice or circumstances), and as many others as we can and make a showing. It's hard, with job and family and all, but it's a must do. Then we can go fishing/spearing all 3 days for the long Memorial Day weekend with the satisfaction of knowing we did the job well.

If you don't know what to say, at minimum speak out for minimum closure and support a minimum closure proposal, such as the FIN/FIC proposal (External A). And then relate how important fishing/spearfishing is to you and more importantly, from your personal knowledge, why the local area you fish/spearfish is so special to you.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

201 East MacArthur Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92707

Public comment: The public will be invited to provide general comment on subjects related to the work of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (SCRSG) at approximately 9:00 am. Speaker cards are requested and may be found at the entrance to the room. Time allotted for public comment is determined by the number of requests and can range from one to three minutes per comment; submitting written comments that can be easily summarized in one to two minutes is encouraged. Note that the public comment period is for comments specific to the SCRSG; comments related to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force, science advisory team, or other MLPA Initiative activities should be directed to those bodies or MLPA staff.

Thank you. Thank you.

Last edited by zenspearo; 05-20-2009 at 11:53 AM.
zenspearo is offline   Reply With Quote