Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #81
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post

All this time I thought I was surrounded by Pelicans!

In response to some of the feedback, apparently, my original intent of the post was lost in translation. I thought the analogy was funny; and still do. After all, it's just a silly post meant to either inspire you to get off your a$$---or simply improve the flavor of your morning coffee. I'll be clear when I say you don't have to do, either. You don't have to drink coffee. And I'm not going to force anyone to go fishing. How you choose to live your life is ultimately up to you. Obviously.

Honestly, after reading it a few times now, I can't imagine anyone being offended by the post. Unless, of course, that person spends an incredible amount of time on the computer? In addition to that, my post had absolutely nothing to do with fishing skills---or lack there of, mind you. It certainly had nothing to do with having an opportunity to fish more often than others.

William, if it's not obvious by now, when I wrote Williams Syndrome it has nothing to do with a guy named William, specifically. Look it up!

Is it a fishing report? Now, if you can't find the value in the contents of this post, I really don't know what to say. Nor will I try. A picture of a giant, White Sea Bass, in clean-green water, with obvious line-up markers in the background 'ta boot? It's the end of April, folks! Without going into too much detail, the same exact thing, happens every year at this time.

I'm pretty sure a few guys got the message and managed to read between the lines---capitalizing on the "fish report"---with a trophy-fish of their own!

Nice fishing with you, Don! Watching you get your butt kicked was the highlight of my day!

Nice Don! WSB on a Jigstick?
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #82
Big T
Member, You Member!

I know this is politically incorrect, but as some of you have realized about me, I have no problem saying the old saying... It makes so much sense.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.

I can say that because I have a retarded friend.

I got the fish report out of it as well, but I always take the "photos" and think more along the lines of,"He probably caught that fish 2 hours ago and moved somewhere else to take the picture..." LOL

But You can bet your ass I'm gonna put MY ass on that picture spot first!!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #83
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
And at scallywag.....why don't you finish that fucking sentence. Must be a what? Now thats some fucking internet macho shit because I bet your ass would be mum if you ever met me on the launch. Guaranteed

haha, i'm sure you'll get your chance sooner rather than later.... but ur right tho, if u saw me at the launch i would say mum.....I'm not much of a social butterfly!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 AM   #84
j mo

If youre gonna do it, do it right!

HowTo:Win a fight on the Internet

With a bit of practice, you can defeat your enemies in online arguments. First of all, you must redefine words like "defeat", "enemy" and "argument".
Contents

Basic Steps
Its easy enough to get in a fight on the internet. Once you're in it, here are the steps you must take to win:

Step 1. Make up lies about the other person. Don't bother to know the facts -- it will make you look too determined. This way if you lose, you can just say that you didn't care anyway. This is also known as an ad hominem attack.

Tip Poor spelling is important. It gives you something to go back on. If someone is able to turn what you said around on you, you can say that you actually said something else and that you're just a bad spellre.

Step 2. The other person will defend themself. Retaliate with untrue accusations. If they prove you wrong in some way, drop it and move on. A common mistake here is to step back and look at the situation. Never look back. Some people continue to be proven wrong and this causes them to research their claims before they state them. This is always a big mistake.

Step 3. If it ever looks like it is going downhill for you, call the other person a Nazi . This is equivalent of an argumental nuclear bomb.

Step 4. Always get the last word. You can't lose if the fight isn't over, so make sure that you always get the last word. Beware that if you resort to calling your enemies Nazis, they are obligated by law to reply telling you that it is in fact poor argumental skills to call someone Nazi. This is universally understood to be the end of an argument. Be prepared to break the Geneva Convention with more name-calling and declaration of victory.

Step 5. If all else fails...make a comment about how many more myspace comments you have than the other person...cause you know...How many myspace comments one has is directly proportional to the coolness of said person...therefore you are insulting his ability to project coolness unto himself severely damaging his selfesteem and scarring him for life...this particular approch will stun your apponent for a few seconds while he tries to figure out exactly what you said...giving you ample time to leave the conversation hanging (see step 4).

Easy topics for beginners
As chinese Kung-Fu masters will tell you, pick your fights. On the internet it doesn't matter on which side you're on. Feel free to even change sides, if it is required for victory (See Step 2 above). Your main objective is to insult your opponent to submission.

ps
Ka Ka doodle do
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #85
smithers

In his second post the admin sounds like a nice guy but my reaction to the first was "OK, if you are such a badass then why did you bother logging on to the internet and showing off your catch to these people you look down on so? "Shutup and fish" seems to apply as much to him as to anyone; preening like this makes you a Peacock!"

I recognize his right to be provocative. But of course some people when provoked will want to sound off. The threats made against those who did are the worst thing in the whole thread. I'm sure there are many more who thought it obnoxious but quietly moved on.

I trust the OP has a tough skin and won't be bothered by my comments. I have the utmost respect for his fishing skills, just think the the tone of the first post was a bit more insulting than he intended. I'm not saying this because I'm afraid of any tough guys out there, but because one day maybe I'd like to hire him as a guide and learn a thing or two.

The thead should probably be locked. If it gets deleted please at least leave the pic of that incredibly fine, glorious fish. If I ever land something like that in the yak I'll have a stroke and they'll find my cold body cradling the fish with a huge grin.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #86
Old Man in the Sea

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Man in the Sea
Just go fishing or if you can't here is some music 4 you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLcQB...eature=related
Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #87
Papasledge
Junior

For all of you that got your delicate feelings hurt over another guys post stop being such a big

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #88
bigbarrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
HowTo:Win a fight on the Internet

With a bit of practice, you can defeat your enemies in online arguments. First of all, you must redefine words like "defeat", "enemy" and "argument".
Contents

Basic Steps
Its easy enough to get in a fight on the internet. Once you're in it, here are the steps you must take to win:

Step 1. Make up lies about the other person. Don't bother to know the facts -- it will make you look too determined. This way if you lose, you can just say that you didn't care anyway. This is also known as an ad hominem attack.

Tip Poor spelling is important. It gives you something to go back on. If someone is able to turn what you said around on you, you can say that you actually said something else and that you're just a bad spellre.

Step 2. The other person will defend themself. Retaliate with untrue accusations. If they prove you wrong in some way, drop it and move on. A common mistake here is to step back and look at the situation. Never look back. Some people continue to be proven wrong and this causes them to research their claims before they state them. This is always a big mistake.

Step 3. If it ever looks like it is going downhill for you, call the other person a Nazi . This is equivalent of an argumental nuclear bomb.

Step 4. Always get the last word. You can't lose if the fight isn't over, so make sure that you always get the last word. Beware that if you resort to calling your enemies Nazis, they are obligated by law to reply telling you that it is in fact poor argumental skills to call someone Nazi. This is universally understood to be the end of an argument. Be prepared to break the Geneva Convention with more name-calling and declaration of victory.

Step 5. If all else fails...make a comment about how many more myspace comments you have than the other person...cause you know...How many myspace comments one has is directly proportional to the coolness of said person...therefore you are insulting his ability to project coolness unto himself severely damaging his selfesteem and scarring him for life...this particular approch will stun your apponent for a few seconds while he tries to figure out exactly what you said...giving you ample time to leave the conversation hanging (see step 4).

Easy topics for beginners
As chinese Kung-Fu masters will tell you, pick your fights. On the internet it doesn't matter on which side you're on. Feel free to even change sides, if it is required for victory (See Step 2 above). Your main objective is to insult your opponent to submission.

ps
Ka Ka doodle do

that sum funy shiit rite theire
Old 05-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #89
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithers View Post
In his second post the admin sounds like a nice guy but my reaction to the first was "OK, if you are such a badass then why did you bother logging on to the internet and showing off your catch to these people you look down on so? "Shutup and fish" seems to apply as much to him as to anyone; preening like this makes you a Peacock!"

I recognize his right to be provocative. But of course some people when provoked will want to sound off. The threats made against those who did are the worst thing in the whole thread. I'm sure there are many more who thought it obnoxious but quietly moved on.

I trust the OP has a tough skin and won't be bothered by my comments. I have the utmost respect for his fishing skills, just think the the tone of the first post was a bit more insulting than he intended. I'm not saying this because I'm afraid of any tough guys out there, but because one day maybe I'd like to hire him as a guide and learn a thing or two.

The thead should probably be locked. If it gets deleted please at least leave the pic of that incredibly fine, glorious fish. If I ever land something like that in the yak I'll have a stroke and they'll find my cold body cradling the fish with a huge grin.
This is the most accurate, eloquently put way to describe my original feelings on this thread. My initial comment was made directly to the man intended but due to the platform on which the comments are made, a whole new door is open for hecklers, peanut gallerys ,naysayers and everyone elses 2¢.

Im not a tough guy. I dont go around disrespecting people. Especially not behind the mask of internet anonymity. And I realize as I type this even more people wil chirp in with thier meaningless blather. Im not throwing threats out there. Im saying ive never met an angler on the water that talkes the same highstepping garbage he spews online.

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #90
chris138
donkey roper

Scallywag is right... Everything you need to know is in the picture. Darkhorse was even throwing us a bone by posting a picture with the shoreline in the background. What more do we want! He's practically finding the seabass for you Scavenge why dont you u tenacious seabirds!

Just wait til the WFO squid bite then once we all get 40 lbers we can just laugh about all these finicky early season she-monsters

(Just as long as scallywag doesn't keep the dope to himself!)
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #91
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Scallywag is right... Everything you need to know is in the picture. Darkhorse was even throwing us a bone by posting a picture with the shoreline in the background. What more do we want! He's practically finding the seabass for you Scavenge why dont you u tenacious seabirds!

Just wait til the WFO squid bite then once we all get 40 lbers we can just laugh about all these finicky early season she-monsters

Up until a few years ago we DID NOT have squid runs like we've had recently! I hope we get another one this summer, but don't count on it!

Just go fish!

ps: Nice fish Josh!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #92
Gigafish

Helatious catch - Congrats.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #93
blitzburgh

OK, nobody post anything else on this thread or the dog gets it.
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #94
GR6RR
Lucky Fisher

last one I'll post in this thread, I promise.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #95
RK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Dont worry he won't..

This just in, this isnt the MMA forum its a kayak forum.
We fish from the gayest looking platforms on the planet
(although we catch a lot of fish might I add.)..............Its a well known fact that pelagics like 7x's better than Ipads and 6xjr's better than keyboards thats never gonna change.
Soooooooo ADI and ANDY: without further ado, although this post has everything its missing two crucial elements

Coke

and

Hookers.....

Now that we got that outta the way.

Lock it up boys.

Thanks everyone for reminding me why I'll never post another fish report.

Josh nice fish and great entertainment.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #96
Regor
Greg

Forget the fish and birds...

I just wanna know where the long sleeve dress shirt went to.........
Closed Thread