Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
surfisher

North County PM - 11-12-15

Got done with one of my exams at school early so I had most of the afternoon off. Loaded up the yak and headed down. Haven't used the yak in a while so I decided to setup everything on the beach since I only had a few hrs of light left to fish. Went to turn on the FF and .... blank. Not wanting to mess with it I said to hell with it, weight reduction. Easy launch through toe slappers. Peddled out to the kelp, made bait first drop, setup my dropper loop and peddled out to what I assume was about 110' ... Wind was kind of up so the plan was to do a few long drifts. Got rocked hard midway through my first drift. Thing would not stop taking line fully buttoned down, took me all over, big head shakes with a nice bend in the rod. Cut through the kelp stringers with ease but this one knew exactly where he was going. Tried my best to get on top of it but eventually I lost it to the damn lobster traps. This is the second time this has happened to me (and my buddy) this month. I hate those damn buoys!! Slug homegaurds are there and they are smart as hell. Did a few more drifts before getting too bored so I ended the day with some Calico action on the reef. Can't beat a quick session!
Name:  IMG_1744.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  53.2 KB