Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
sammysamsam

Installing fish finder

Anyone in the 714 area willing to help me install my cuda 350? I have looked at countless videos and such but wouldnt mind having someone with experience showing how to do it.
sammysamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysamsam View Post
Anyone in the 714 area willing to help me install my cuda 350? I have looked at countless videos and such but wouldnt mind having someone with experience showing how to do it.
I'm not in the 714 area but what trouble are you having? Post some details and I can assure you that you'll have countless responses and the how and the what's of FF installs.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I'm not in the 714 area but what trouble are you having? Post some details and I can assure you that you'll have countless responses and the how and the what's of FF installs.

Jorge is the master of fishfinder installation, he will come to you for a fee, plus $.75 a mile traveled. Jorge I get 10% for the plug.

just kidding, follow his advice post up.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
Jorge is the master of fishfinder installation, he will come to you for a fee, plus $.75 a mile traveled. Jorge I get 10% for the plug.

just kidding, follow his advice post up.
well i guess the part that seems really hard is installing the transducer. I read the thread about installing a wet mount and would like to do it that way. Just seems a little daunting for me to do it like that.

Last edited by sammysamsam; 05-18-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
KennyHill

Just put your transducer in a ziplock sandwitch bag with alittle bit of water in it and set it in place when you get out on the water. quick and easy.

enless your looking for permanent install. That seems to be the easiest way to me. No glue, no holes, no air bubbles, no problems.
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHill View Post
Just put your transducer in a ziplock sandwitch bag with alittle bit of water in it and set it in place when you get out on the water. quick and easy.

enless your looking for permanent install. That seems to be the easiest way to me. No glue, no holes, no air bubbles, no problems.
Wow, i have never heard of doing it that way. Do you get good results? where would you set it in place exactly?
Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 PM   #7
Deamon

Quote:

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how the water seal occurs when there's a wire coming out of the ziplock bag...maybe post a picture of your set-up? Framed up tight to keep the transducer from moving around...or lake flat conditions only (no surf zone entry)?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #8
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

wet-seat trans

Here's how I did it... simple and 6 months later it still works great too! Thanks for the How-to tip Leo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_17_11 001.jpg (47.9 KB, 268 views)
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
IB Fish"N"

I just took a piece of foam about 6"X6" and about 2" thick cut shape of transducer then glued it down inside after that put water in and press transducer down inside and make it level and your done soak up extra water. Great picture.
IB Fish"N" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #10
RedSledTeam
Daddeo

What glue did you use?
RedSledTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #11
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSledTeam View Post
Here's how I did it... simple and 6 months later it still works great too! Thanks for the How-to tip Leo!
doesnt the transducer move around a lot installed like that?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
KennyHill

With the bag i fill it up just enough to cover the transducer maby 2'' of water thats it. Then zip it up all the way to the wire. Once im out past the surf zone i just get into my hatch and reposition the transducer.

You get clear readings altho the water temp will be off. At least mine always is.

This trick was shown to me by another member over 2 years ago out on the water. I still use it till this day. I dont have a problem with it moving around on me and i seem to only get to fish when the conditions are at there worst haha.
KennyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #13
flydigital

Quote:
That's just about how I do it! Although mine is just tie-wrapped to the hobie sailing mast.

It doesn't move around, only when flipping the kayak upside down during storage, etc... but you just move it into position while you are loading your gear and it stays put. Simple and sonar performance is much better than a goop install.
flydigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #14
sammysamsam

Quote:
Quote:
With the bag i fill it up just enough to cover the transducer maby 2'' of water thats it. Then zip it up all the way to the wire. Once im out past the surf zone i just get into my hatch and reposition the transducer.

You get clear readings altho the water temp will be off. At least mine always is.

This trick was shown to me by another member over 2 years ago out on the water. I still use it till this day. I dont have a problem with it moving around on me and i seem to only get to fish when the conditions are at there worst haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydigital View Post
That's just about how I do it! Although mine is just tie-wrapped to the hobie sailing mast.

It doesn't move around, only when flipping the kayak upside down during storage, etc... but you just move it into position while you are loading your gear and it stays put. Simple and sonar performance is much better than a goop install.

so its been a few months and now im finally getting back into fishing and putting this thing in.

Im gonna try it with the bungee cord wrapped like that and then try the zip lock method just for kicks. If i dont get good readings, ill try the foam method. Thanks all. ill report back.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #15
RK

Same here on the bungie to the scuppers gravity add water mount, works really good
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
sammysamsam

Can i use my bait tank 12v, 10amp battery to power my ff also?? i dont see why not other than draining the battery faster.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #17
mtnbykr2

many discussions and ways to do this in "innovations" but as for the battery, 6v 10ahr for bait tank 12v for f/fpermanent mount transducer with goop...done
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
sammysamsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
many discussions and ways to do this in "innovations" but as for the battery, 6v 10ahr for bait tank 12v for f/fpermanent mount transducer with goop...done
i did look through there but i wanted to start a dedicated thread where i can ask questions and get help.

http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/...BATTERY/Detail

i was given one of these batteries from oex and the description says i can use for both. will i have a problem? i have the cuda 350 and installed the bait tank already.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:56 PM   #19
kobra

That will work for both. But sometimes you might get some interference on your ff from your bait pump. 6 volt works better for the bait tank. 12 volt has a tendency to pump too much water. So as mtnbyker2 stated, most guys run 12 volt for ff and 6 volt for bait tank.
kobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #20
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysamsam View Post
well i guess the part that seems really hard is installing the transducer. I read the thread about installing a wet mount and would like to do it that way. Just seems a little daunting for me to do it like that.
Use the Electrical Putty installation method it's easy, stays in place and the readings are dead on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZ9_C1iKP0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u1d3...eature=related

This is what I used and here are the results.

It works and it's very easy.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote