Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
WahooUSMA

Surf updates

I am curious as to where everyone gets their surf updates – I check two sites for the wave forecast, CDIP – Scripps Pier Wave Forecast and then Surfline as well as the BWE web cam and the Surfline webcam. It’s strange how two different sites can be so opposite in their forecast. Example – CDIP states forecasts this Sat btwn 2-4ft at Scripps Pier and Surfline forecasts La Jolla Shores and Scripps Pier 5 – 7ft. That’s a big variance…and big surf (guess I’ll be hitting up NP or DP this weeked)!
Then there are the times when I check the cams and it looks relatively flat, but when I get down there, the sets are gianormous! That’s when I just turn the truck around and grab a breakfast burrito for the drive home!

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
bigbarrels

I check out NOAA link under the La JOlla Webcam and Surfline (requires membership for extended forecast)

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/sgx/display_...id=SGX&pil=CWF

Magic Seaweed is a free way to check the forecast also

http://magicseaweed.com/

hope this helps
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #3
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
I am curious as to where everyone gets their surf updates – I check two sites for the wave forecast, CDIP – Scripps Pier Wave Forecast and then Surfline as well as the BWE web cam and the Surfline webcam. It’s strange how two different sites can be so opposite in their forecast. Example – CDIP states forecasts this Sat btwn 2-4ft at Scripps Pier and Surfline forecasts La Jolla Shores and Scripps Pier 5 – 7ft. That’s a big variance…and big surf (guess I’ll be hitting up NP or DP this weeked)!
Then there are the times when I check the cams and it looks relatively flat, but when I get down there, the sets are gianormous! That’s when I just turn the truck around and grab a breakfast burrito for the drive home!
looks pretty flat to me Roger, go top off the tank and show the PA who's boss!
Old 09-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
WahooUSMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 467echo View Post
looks pretty flat to me Roger, go top off the tank and show the PA who's boss!
Ahh, my fat ass broke the buckle on the PA seat! I'll bring the Revo! Maybe I'll see you out there and some of your good luck fishing will rub off on me! Maybe its your new Revo that's bringing you all the fish?

WahooUSMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

I'd meet up with you but I'm off to the heat of Palm springs this weekend. My buddy Steve is taking out his PA on Sunday morning.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
surfnutnj

Surf Forecast

May favorite has to be wetsand.com They give free extended surf forecasts and are usually at least in the ball park.
surfnutnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #7
toby

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooUSMA View Post
Ahh, my fat ass broke the buckle on the PA seat! I'll bring the Revo! Maybe I'll see you out there and some of your good luck fishing will rub off on me! Maybe its your new Revo that's bringing you all the fish?

Hey, Roger!

I broke my seat strap buckle twice since April. They have fixed it both times so far under warranty.

Good luck on the fishing! I'm going camping this weekend to give the Avion 25' trailer a maiden voyage and might get in some freshwater fishing.

Adios
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
skiffman

surf update

It's flat at the launch. The south facing reefs are pulling in a nice SSW swell running 4-5' and it looks to be building. Be careful fishing the boilers.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #9
John M

Ditto on Wetsand.
John
John M is offline   Reply With Quote