Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
INGRIDSDAD

Irvine Lake 11/16

We got a late start from the house and made it to Irvine Lake around 615. On the water by 7 and we fished until 1130. 4 fish for me, 1 on pink power worm and 3 on the troll. Pink seemed to be the color for the day. Fishing MD landed 2 on the troll and 1 on power worm,

Now for the embarrassing part, I thought it was strange that i didnt see any familar faces. Thats when i looked at BWE and saw the dates for the Team Sewer event was next weekend! (I cant believe we both missed the date)
Good dress rehearsal, after fishing we started the grill and had kielbasa and egg burritoes before going home.
See you NEXT weekend.
INGRIDSDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
ful-rac
Emperor

Well at least you guys caught fish...It's gonna be fun this weekend!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #3
fishingfiend

Saturday must have been WFO, cause Sunday was totally different! Might have been the storm front passing by, but the trout were far from active on Sunday. The week before I was nailing them on faster retrieves, yesterday they wanted it SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Float tubers/rental boats soaking nightcrawlers seemed to do the best. I finally broke down and fished some nightcrawlers and got bit. I inched a white power worm around for a couple more.

Strange, but I think the shore anglers are doing better due to the super low water levels. Many of my spots are inside the buoy line now and not fishable from a kayak.

Side note, the week before I metered schools of fish. Yesterday, nada, the fish are settling into the lake and moving about.

I'm planning on fishing the Vine again on Sunday, but hope this helps the Team Sewer crew for this weekend.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
ful-rac
Emperor

I noticed the same 2 weeks ago...metered tons of fish guys catchn on night crawlers and trout worms almost a non existant troll bite...

Hopefully like you said, the fish spread out a little...and we can start gettn em to eat the troll...
Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
fishing md

Quote:
Originally Posted by INGRIDSDAD View Post
We got a late start from the house and made it to Irvine Lake around 615. On the water by 7 and we fished until 1130. 4 fish for me, 1 on pink power worm and 3 on the troll. Pink seemed to be the color for the day. Fishing MD landed 2 on the troll and 1 on power worm,

Now for the embarrassing part, I thought it was strange that i didnt see any familar faces. Thats when i looked at BWE and saw the dates for the Team Sewer event was next weekend! (I cant believe we both missed the date)
Good dress rehearsal, after fishing we started the grill and had kielbasa and egg burritoes before going home.
See you NEXT weekend.
info. you should take to the grave ''LOL''. ......''IT WAS A BLAST'' ......BURRITOS....
fishing md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
fishingfiend

I did 2 laps around the lake before giving up the troll. Not even 1 short bite. Late afternoon, I was starting to see some schools out by the dam between 7-15'. I bet you can get them with your sweet downrigger setup.
fishingfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I hope all the sewer camp fishers aren't reduced to fishing with night crawlers! The kids on the beach might give you a run for your money if that's the case
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote