Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #1
Yakly

Ventura and beyond

Just wondering if there are any groups in or around the Ventura area. Looking to get into another kayak since moving from and back to Cali. Looking for some good dedicated guys to fish with. Doesn’t have to be a group, just some guys to fish with.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #2
WCMike
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakly View Post
Just wondering if there are any groups in or around the Ventura area. Looking to get into another kayak since moving from and back to Cali. Looking for some good dedicated guys to fish with. Doesn’t have to be a group, just some guys to fish with.
I'm in the Ventura area. Going to put more effort in to this whole kayak thing this year to try and get better at it. Due to work I can only do sundays. Let me know when you go out and I'll join you.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6790 using Tapatalk
WCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #3
Cronus
Cheat to win

I live in Simi and fish the Ventura area. I caught a nice fatty calico on Saturday at the Ventura harbor. I did a trip to Rincon Island with another kayaker from this site as well. Been a little while since I hit Leo but that is another spot I like. I usually only have weekends open.
Cronus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Yakly

Same here, weekends are about the only time I can get out. I’m looking for my next ride but not sure what to get. Trying to make sure I can meet up with some guys before pulling the trigger. My wife will kill me if it sits in the garage!!! I’ve been out solo quite a bit in the San Diego area with my previous ride, but it can be a bit spooky at times and a little boring.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:45 AM   #5
Hunters Pa

There is a board at http://www.kayaksportfishing.com/index.htm that used to be as active as BWE, but focused on the Redondo through Santa Barbara & north area. It has fallen out of use but a lot of the information is archived and accessible
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:43 AM   #6
Denis_Ruso

I'm a bit down south but when time allows, I'm always looking for a fishing buddy on a random weekend.

I'll be out there almost every weekend soon.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote