Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
hogginhank
Junior

Question Kayak Rentals in Cabo San Lucas?

Me and the wife are going to Cabo for our annual "No Kids" vacation and I was wondering if anyone has rented kayaks there(for fishing not the tours) ? I found some websites but all I could find was giuded trips and no daily rentals for fishing without a guided trip of some sort? If any of ya'll know a website or the name of a place there can you hook me up. I know when you get there you can find pretty much what ever you want if you have the money. I just want to rent a kayak, paddle and PFD. Heck when ever I fished out of those 20' Pangas' we always came over right in front of where our hotel(condo??what ever they were?) was and fished just off the beach and caught yellowtail, roosterfish, grouper and few other reef fish. If I can save $150 to $200 on the Panga and just launch from the hotel I will be golden!! I will even have gear that works The last couple times the reels that we used on those Pangas' must not have been serviced in years and we lost a couple nice fish because of the line breaking and the drags that were buckled all the way down and barely holding??Thanks in advance for any info..Hank
Old 07-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
dorado50

Not sure on the kayak rental thing but you should be able to rent a kayak without the tour. Be careful if you plan to fish on the pacific side the conditions can get nasty real quick. Big currents and wind can and do turn on fast. Also the boat traffic around the point can get pretty thick at times. If you plan to fish off the main beaches(east of the point) where the bigger hotels are the conditions are probably more safe. Not sure about fishing that area from a kayak but roosters can be had off those beaches. Yellowtail action best in winter months with cooler water. Hope this helps!!!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #3
Zed
BANNED

The CSL yak rental opps are pretty restrictive. Granted they aren't going to chase you down, but they don't want you going too far.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
hogginhank
Junior

Thanks for the info. We have never gone in the middle of summer before. It's always been in November or December so maybe thats why we caught YT's . If I can't rent a kayak I will just fish from the beach. Thanks again for the info..Hank
Old 07-18-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
RASTAn
Junior

my dad lives down there full time and would rent you his hobie revolution. he does fishing trips too out of our 21' center console triumph. hes in with all the locals down there and knows that place very well. but he is located in San Jose, not San Lucas so it depends on where you're staying.
http://www.cabobobbo.com/
RASTAn is offline   Reply With Quote