Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
PAL

MLPA: Close-up closure maps at WON

Detail maps of the pending South Coast MLPA closures are now available at the Western Outdoor News website. http://www.wonews.com/Blog.aspx?id=910&AuthorID=59046&t=MLPA%20MAP%20UPDATES:%20WON's%20exclusive%20maps %20%20detail%20SoCal%20borders

The maps are zoomed in closely along the MPA boundaries to make it easy to determine their locations by landmarks.

You'll also find the fishing regulations in plain English.

This is still a work in progress. If you find an error or need clarification, please let me know. This is meant to be an easy to read 'cheat sheet' for anglers.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Getting a "server error in application". Does this mean that too many of us are trying to view the page?

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
dorado50

What a JOKE, the best spots in LJ are closed. I can't even fish in my front yard! Boat or kayak makes no difference. Somehow these liberals need to be stopped.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
mtnbykr2

yeah,
when you click on the maps it disappears, I will have to check it out when I get home...but it aint over till its over keep the faith...
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
deepdvr

Guess I'll have to call a 40lb. YT 'finbait' after I land him north of the pier. I'll tell DFG I was planning on re-baiting him for a shot at the taxman.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
PAL

Works for me, although IT was working on the site earlier today and could be back at it.

Link again via Tiny URL: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6l69rlm
Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
lterrero
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
What a JOKE, the best spots in LJ are closed. I can't even fish in my front yard! Boat or kayak makes no difference. Somehow these liberals need to be stopped.
Yeah, all these regulations, what impact can kayaks anglers do to ecology specially to those migratory fish and how many you can catch or fit in you kayak; freedom is only a word & a fishing license is only $48.35
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

I can't even tell what part of la jolla is open, it just looks like the area around the pier is open while everything else is red.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
PAL

^It is bad, no denying. If we hadn't fought tooth and nail, we would have lost all of La Jolla. That didn't happen.

Here's the deal. When and if this goes into effect, the north-south reserve line will be pushed out to the point. From there, you can fish south to the end of Windnsea and north and west as far as you want. Going north is a thing of the past unless all you're after is bait or you don't mind paddling up to the Glider Port.

Look at the La Jolla overview map. I'm taking about that big open space between the two MPA clusters (that last word is SO appropriate).

I don't mean to undersell the impact, which is huge. BUT - it is just plain wrong to say all of La Jolla is going, going, gone. We retain access to the most popular sections. I can't tell you how much effort that took, into the 1,000s of man hours from the hardcore at of BWE, Baytubers, KSF, etc.

That isn't good enough to me, so I support the Ocean Access Protection Fund - a legal war chest for anglers. You should too.

Don't forget Keep America Fishing either, another worthy place to send money to battle this thing.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
james92026

Human nature being fickle as it is, I wonder how many of those who *vowed* not to renew their fishing licenses for 90 or more days will actually do it? Excuse being, "There is still a sizeable fishing area left in LJ off wind and sea". (not that the action would have any impact anyway).
james92026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
FISHIONADO

Some of you people were completely silent and absent during the MLPA fight. Who gives a rats ass what you think now? Thanks for all the help, go complain about it somewhere else. I salute my fishing brothers and sisters who took the time to participate in the fight.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
james92026

Not diminishing the efforts of those activists who did participate in some fashion whose efforts may have made some worthwhile difference. I was only tongue-in-cheek observing those who think that not purchasing a license for a while would make an impact, only persons hurt by that would be themselves. Self deprivation seldom affects anyone other than the initiator.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #13
FISHIONADO

Hey James, my comments were directed at folks who have been on this forum for years but were silent during the MPLA process. I still wish them a very Happy New Year, but let's be real.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
james92026

Oh,I know and that is exactly my point, the self bravado declarations that some made but as you said, did not participate. I have no excuses as I am a "Johnny come lately" but applaud the efforts of those who did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Hey James, my comments were directed at folks who have been on this forum for years but were silent during the MPLA process. I still wish them a very Happy New Year, but let's be real.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Some of you people were completely silent and absent during the MLPA fight. Who gives a rats ass what you think now? Thanks for all the help, go complain about it somewhere else. I salute my fishing brothers and sisters who took the time to participate in the fight.