Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Hondatom

Newport Saturday mid-day

Paddled out around the jetty to the left around 11:00. Fog was fairly heavy, 100 yard visibility. Hit the outside edge of the CDM kelp and started fishing with dead squid, no luck. Pulled out the Sabiki and attempted to make some bait. WTF bait all around and the only thing I could get was lizard and wrase. So I mixed it up a bit and added small pieces of squid to the Sabiki rig. That's the ticket! Mak's and Dene in the yak!
Put a 8" Mak on the hook and casted it away from the kelp, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, BENDO! Landed a nice Calico, 15 1/2 inches. Lots of fun on a small spinning rig, and the best fillets I have ever had from that area.
Brought those fillets over the in-laws with some Tuna and Dorado from my trip out of San Diego a couple weeks ago and had a Fishapalooza. There is not much that is better than sharing your catch with family and friends!
I would like to post the pic's but I have no fukenidea how to do it.
Hondatom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Raskal311

Dang a 15" bass hit an 8" mac? Nice!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #3
FishRaiden
CEO-TacticalFishingCrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatom View Post
Paddled out around the jetty to the left around 11:00. Fog was fairly heavy, 100 yard visibility. Hit the outside edge of the CDM kelp and started fishing with dead squid, no luck. Pulled out the Sabiki and attempted to make some bait. WTF bait all around and the only thing I could get was lizard and wrase. So I mixed it up a bit and added small pieces of squid to the Sabiki rig. That's the ticket! Mak's and Dene in the yak!
Put a 8" Mak on the hook and casted it away from the kelp, tic, tic, tic, tic, tic, BENDO! Landed a nice Calico, 15 1/2 inches. Lots of fun on a small spinning rig, and the best fillets I have ever had from that area.
Brought those fillets over the in-laws with some Tuna and Dorado from my trip out of San Diego a couple weeks ago and had a Fishapalooza. There is not much that is better than sharing your catch with family and friends!
I would like to post the pic's but I have no fukenidea how to do it.
Light tackle fishing is always fun.

Sign up for Photobucket, desktop or mobile app, its free. Upload your photos then copy the [img] link and share whats biting!
#DropLuresNotBait
FishRaiden is offline   Reply With Quote