Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
linghunter
skunk

5/3 Thresher

Launched about 530, back on the beach by 900. On the hunt for some WSB ended up running into a couple Mr.T's. The first shark hit my fly line ,clicker went off I reached back to pull my rod out of the holder and saw the beast come up out of the water. Probably a good thing I didn't hook this guy he looked very large and I had no one to assist me with the landing. Next bite came about 30 minutes later ,this time it was my low line, probably about 100ft down. Both Fish hit greenies, it took about 40 minutes or so for me to land this guy with a beutiful gaff shot into the gills, (thanks Stearling) blead like crazy. Great day on the water.

Paul
linghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
sterling

That is awesome! I've been wanted to catch a T for some time. I had one on yesterday for few seconds. Didn't see it but the mac came back with serious slices. I'd love to pictures. It is nice to know that the gaff I made is working out. Did you have anyone there to help land it?
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
linghunter
skunk

Hey Sterling, yup the gaff worked great!!! Unfortunetly I can't seem to get the pic uploaded, the error message is saying that the file is to big. The fish weighed about 50 or 60 pounds, (bath room scale) I was a bit nervous because this was the first one that I have ever caught and I was all on my own. Hope to see you on the water or give me a call and we'll get out their.

Paul
linghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
sterling

Paul I just sent you a private message with my e-mail address for the pic. Do you have a vfh radio? Most are on ch 71 I was calling out throughout Saturday to see who was out there and to try to guage to zig or zag. Ratdog called out for some help on a T and I headed that way. I intend on making up for some lost time last year and getting out a lot more from now through Sept.
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote