Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2008, 09:51 AM   #21
aguachico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboyc View Post
Thanks Art. Yours must have broken, How old was it? Ive been keeping a close eye on it and plan to sand it down and do Spray on bed liner soon. Maybe ill weld on some supports while im at it just to be safe...

Water was VERY flat however the launch in the morning was kinda interesting. Not difficult however my timing was horrible and the sets were very close together.

I'll see ya today and show you. The rod holder worked sweet, may add a 2nd.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #22
THE DARKHORSE

NICE LOOKIN STICK.

Hey C.J., that bendo-shot of the 9' rod is sick. I find this size rod (jig-stick) kicks the Yellowtail populations ass way more than the angler.

SEEKER 93H ULUA, Yellowtail beware.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:20 AM   #23
Siebler

Ive fished a 9'3 ulua for a little over 3 years and I love it but find its too much for me on the kayak(the whole not fitting in rod holder sucks too). It sure has killed a lot of fish though, At least 100yt and countless bonito and cuda. Always fun to hook and hand on that rod, passengers get WORKED.

This 9' kencor feels good on the kayak though. After throwing 9 and 10' stick for so long I just cant do the 8', even on the kayak. I think that this 690J im wrapping for Brett is going to be another awesome kayak jigstick. Im pretty sure that the only reason I got my butt kicked on this fish was that the reel was loose on the rod. Really sucks to have a wobbling reel when you go to crank down.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #24
THE DARKHORSE

Too big for the rod holder, "that's what she said".

No doubt, the Seeker 93H ULUA is a serious beef-stick. I've bounced many a #25 Yellowtail over the deck (10' in the air and over from the bow) while the deckhands were helping passengers gaff Barracuda. I feel the Seeker 90j is probably the best stick for the average kayak angler. The 8' just doesn't cut it when your one shot of the day breezes through in a moments notice. To those chasing breezing Yellowtail with a 7' bait stick, good luck.

p.s. Being a fish guru yourself, I'm sure you allready know, but there is an end cap that fits perfectly inside the butt section of the ULUA 93H. (like a pool-cue) I picked up mine at Seaforth Landing (a giant box full of butt-caps) It now fits in any standard kayak rod holder.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #25
Siebler

Right on Josh, i too have bounced several yellows over 25lbs with the ulua. Sure is fun.

My ulua has 3 layers of Cork Tape and butt cord so not even a new cap would help it fit. Capt P-bod wrapped this one before he passed away, I may need to wrap a new one with the new lighter blank though so I can make it fit in the yak.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #26
GBF

So Very Very Nice!!

GBF
Old 05-04-2008, 06:13 AM   #27
fishdude

Nice T, if I did not know better I would've thought I wrote that myself. Last Friday the 25 I hooked and landed a T about that size. Same fight, 4-5 nice jumps, spun me around several times, got to color 4 times, pulled all over the place for a good 30-40 min, hooked on his right front fin on top, which gave him full pulling power and had to be the best B-Day gift I could have ever asked for. Still trying to figure out how to down load pics.
Thanks again for all the killer pics Chris and for the support from the other yakers.
Sorry for such a late post or reply but have been sick.
fishdude is offline   Reply With Quote