Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
fishinkid2010

Okuma Baidarka Casting Rod

For sale is one Okuma Baidarka casting rod in terrific condition.
The rod is 7’ 6”, rated for 12- 25 lbs, rated for ¾ - 1 ½ oz lures. The rod is designed with a built in ring for clipping your rod leash to. (IMHO this is a terrific feature), the shortened butt works great when sitting down fighting a fish, and it also has a comfortable and light weight Fuji pistol trigger grip reel seat. It has 10 + Tip Top guides wrapped, all the guides on this rod look like they did the day I bought it, the rod has NO corrosion on it, I would rate the rod to be a 9.5/10 for condition. The guides are wrapped straight as an arrow, and are a nice blackened chrome finish. The -.5 comes from a little bit of dirt on the foam, honestly you could probably get rid of it with a sponge and cleaner.
fficeffice" />>>
The rod FLOATS, even with a reel on it. I’ve dropped it in the water with an Avet MX, and it floated just fine. The rod is super lightweight, and works great fished from boats, I even used this rod when not fishing off my kayak. I wrap custom rods, and simply have no room or use for this rod anymore. All my rod racks are full.  This rod got very little use, I did hook a Yellowtail with it once on 20# and it handled it great… right up until the point where the fish wrapped me up in the kelp and busted the leader. Haha I hate to part with it, but I’ve got way more rods than reels, I need to even things out.
>>
MSRP $119.99 +tax ---Asking $80, or trade for a Daiwa Sealine 40 in great condition.
>>
>>

>>
>>
>>
>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>