Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
katz
Junior

Taking a Nephew Fishing

I'm looking for a little advice if possible. I grew up in San Diego and used to go fishing from shore with dead anchovies or squid in Mission Bay in the area of De Anza Cove. We would catch a lot of dog fish, rays, occasional leopard sharks. It's what got me hooked on fishing. I have not fished there in 40 years. I will be visiting my family in SD in July and would love to take my nephew out for some of that similar action. Any suggestions of possible locations for a similar fishing experience or would De Anza still be a good spot? I assume high tide would be the best time. Thanks in advance! Kraig
katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
aftahour

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz View Post
I'm looking for a little advice if possible. I grew up in San Diego and used to go fishing from shore with dead anchovies or squid in Mission Bay in the area of De Anza Cove. We would catch a lot of dog fish, rays, occasional leopard sharks. It's what got me hooked on fishing. I have not fished there in 40 years. I will be visiting my family in SD in July and would love to take my nephew out for some of that similar action. Any suggestions of possible locations for a similar fishing experience or would De Anza still be a good spot? I assume high tide would be the best time. Thanks in advance! Kraig
Fishing sd shores is still good. Small 3" swim baits and grubs work great for spotted bass. Look up Rodney Marques on YouTube for tips and places to fish the bay's and harbors. Hope it helps
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote