Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #1
ultimatejay

First trip to La Jolla- never going to forget!

Went to La Jolla with my friend for the first time. With a little help I made it uneventful past the little 1ft surf lol. My buddy hooked and landed a nice yellow early in the morning and then about an hour later I hooked onto a freight train! Finally after 1.5hrs I get it up and it was an intimidating sight to behold! A huge thresher shark, it was almost as long as my PA14! With just the two of us, we managed to wrestle the beast on the front of my PA. It was a long haul back to the beach and it was very interesting doing a beach landing for the first time with a huge shark strapped to the front of the kayak but I actually came in pretty easy- surf was low and had one decent way kick my sideways but I leaned into it and rode it out. Once on the beach we couldn't get away from the crowd lol. All in all it was an epic first trip that I will never forget!
BTW- all the fish was donated to a local church who is going to use it to help feed 100+ homeless/needy people.
Attached Images

ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote