Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2024, 05:34 PM   #1
tacmik

Heroes on the water ?

Haven't seen or heard anything recently on Heroes On The Water. I do know about a year or so ago, a new group took over. Are they still still servicing our Vets or did they stop meeting. Any one have any info.

Last edited by tacmik; 01-26-2024 at 11:03 AM.
tacmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 02:52 AM   #2
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
I think there ocean side chaper....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmik View Post
Haven't seen or heard anything recently on Heroes On The Water. I do know about a cheat or so ago, a new group took over. Are they still still servicing our Vets or did they stop meeting. Any one have any info.
Doesn't Mike head up San Diego chapter.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:21 AM   #3
FoodGeekFish

Quote:
Haven't seen or heard anything recently on Heroes On The Water. I do know about a cheat or so ago, a new group took over. Are they still still servicing our Vets or did they stop meeting. Any one have any info.
San Diego chapter seems to never recovered from COVID as the last post on their Facebook page was in 2019. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100081456573585

New Oceanside chapter held a social event in November, but their last fishing event was September of last year. https://www.facebook.com/HOWOceansideCA
FoodGeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 11:03 AM   #4
tacmik

During covid. The original chapter ended up folding when the Oceanside chapter was formed due to several scenarios that were present the original chapter gifted the new chapter all the equipment that they had accumulated including the truck, both trailers, and all kayaks and gear. Have not heard much since then and was wondering if they were still around and servicing our Vets.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:14 PM   #5
monstahfish

I'd love to come back out and help. Unfortunately these days I don't have the time to dedicate to a leadership position but I'd volunteer. Disappointed about how it withered away. I really loved the time I got to spend with our vets and seeing the positive effect it had on them.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 05:31 AM   #6
tacmik

Totally understand that. It did take some time but totally worth it. There is no way I could do it now like before. Still dealing with major health issues that forced me to sell my truck a and yak for now. Still interested in helping were I can but can't seem to find any info on what is happening
Old 02-01-2024, 01:52 PM   #7
monstahfish

If it starts up again, I've got a spare yak for you to use. Don't have all the toys like I used to though.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:04 AM   #8
tacmik

Hey Shane. Totally appreciate the offer. I think my paddle days are pretty much over Had surgery back begining of August and still have tubes coming out of my body. I can always help out on land through just mostly interested in if the new chapter will be serving our Vets.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:18 AM   #9
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Quote:
Hey Shane. Totally appreciate the offer. I think my paddle days are pretty much over Had surgery back begining of August and still have tubes coming out of my body. I can always help out on land through just mostly interested in if the new chapter will be serving our Vets.
My friend I know about tubes coming out of you.
For me it was infected hernia mesh
Old 02-04-2024, 08:50 AM   #10
tacmik

Yea hasn't been fun this tube has to be pulled out an inch at a time with one to two weeks between pulls. Has been done half a dozen times and some of the worse pain I have had
Old 02-05-2024, 10:12 AM   #11
monstahfish

Sorry to hear about all your troubles Mike. You're efforts on this all much appreciated. I hope we can get something going again. If I can clear a few things off my plate, maybe I can help out more.