Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
cioppino

LJ 6 10 pm

Furbag from hell would not leave me or anybody else within two hundred yards alone. He came up so close that I just about hit him in the head with my paddle which did not scare him at all. He actually started growling and barking at me a little too close for comfort. Had to break out the gaff at that point just in case. After he sat under me and circled me for a few minutes he finally gave me one last growl/bark and split. Fuckin circus animals out there. NOt cool. I thought a slingshot would be a good idea to scare them, but after seeing the response I got from my paddle slap, a slingshot might just get you attacked.

Things worked out for the best though. After I gave up on bait I tossed the iron through some foaming balls of cuda. I was trying that real as fast as you can to see if you could get through the boils without getting bit technique. Didn't work. They were on it! Nice thing about it was that one bite turned into a twelve pound . Made my night.

Paddled in to a very easy landing.
cioppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
ratdog

Nice going, I"l have to try that technique!
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Was that you I was talking to on the beach last night. In the van right? Knothead specifically was the culprit. I wasted about 6-2oz egg sinkers on him. Never got a head shot . It's like he knew where to go to give me an awkward throwing angle. F%&*king mutt! I had one huge clicker rip as soon as just past the reserve where that yacht was parked. Took me straight down. I was using 65 lb power pro with a 30 lb leader and it still broke me off. It was smoking my drag setting so I buttoned down a bit to keep me from heading towards the reserve and/or kelp and then the hook came unbuttoned. Not sure if it was a shark or a half-ass knot tying job by myself. VERY FISHY anyhow... Way to go on the YT.
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
cioppino

Yep that was me. I officially hate that seal. We need to import a few eskimos.

Too bad about the mystery fish. Could have been a shark. I toyed with a little mako. Thing follwed my iron in and took a real close look. It was two feet away from me and lit up. Very cool looking, but not more than seventy pounds. Next time.

Acres and acres of bait...very fishy indeed. Hitting it tomorrow PM.
cioppino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #5
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

I wish I could. I'll be busy getting ready for the YT Shootout this week...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #6
Dan

way to slip one past the logs.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote