Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 06-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #21
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Kayak's with trolling motor don't qualify I assume?
Sorry, motor free.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:32 PM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
I'm on the fence. Looks like a good excuse to go fishing

I think this has the potential to be tons of fun.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #23
Bloodydecks
Junior

Andy's pretty much got all the answers handled.

The cameras are throwaway 35mm. For the kayak division take a photo on the beach before you launch. Sets the time and place. Then stick it in the plastic zipock and stow away until you get back to the beach with your catch. Then snap a pic of your catch before you haul all your gear back to the truck/car.

The cameras then are developed after the weekend and before any checks are written to confirm the rules were followed. We know you guys are a tight knit group and will probably be fishing next to each other watching each other like hawks so taking a pic of every fish as it's caught with a crappy non waterproof camera isn't necessary. You are more than welcome to take pics with your own cameras or ours while on the water, it's just not required.

The yellowtail tournament has a huge raffle with only anglers showing up getting 1 ticket. If you don't show, no raffle ticket... Makes the odds way better. Majority of the raffle prizes are for all anglers kayak and boat. There is kayak specific raffle prizes as well from what I'm told.
Check out the raffle prizes as they come in.
https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...-shootout.380/

A HUGE stack of Yeti coolers just came in for give away, couple Traeger grills, Reels from all the manufacturers, rods, sunglasses, etc.

On Sunday we have a local chef representing Traeger Grills cooking up bbq on the Traeger grills as well as sides, dessert and beer being served by the CCA (have to do it this way to be legal).

Each angler also gets an anglers bag worth easily over $100. Hooks, JRI jigs, line, hats, shirts, drinks, all sorts of stuff again this year.
Bloodydecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #24
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodydecks View Post
Andy's pretty much got all the answers handled.

The cameras are throwaway 35mm. For the kayak division take a photo on the beach before you launch. Sets the time and place. Then stick it in the plastic zipock and stow away until you get back to the beach with your catch. Then snap a pic of your catch before you haul all your gear back to the truck/car.

The cameras then are developed after the weekend and before any checks are written to confirm the rules were followed. We know you guys are a tight knit group and will probably be fishing next to each other watching each other like hawks so taking a pic of every fish as it's caught with a crappy non waterproof camera isn't necessary. You are more than welcome to take pics with your own cameras or ours while on the water, it's just not required.

The yellowtail tournament has a huge raffle with only anglers showing up getting 1 ticket. If you don't show, no raffle ticket... Makes the odds way better. Majority of the raffle prizes are for all anglers kayak and boat. There is kayak specific raffle prizes as well from what I'm told.
Check out the raffle prizes as they come in.
https://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/fo...-shootout.380/

A HUGE stack of Yeti coolers just came in for give away, couple Traeger grills, Reels from all the manufacturers, rods, sunglasses, etc.

On Sunday we have a local chef representing Traeger Grills cooking up bbq on the Traeger grills as well as sides, dessert and beer being served by the CCA (have to do it this way to be legal).

Each angler also gets an anglers bag worth easily over $100. Hooks, JRI jigs, line, hats, shirts, drinks, all sorts of stuff again this year.
Too bad some of us will be down south in San Quintin, hunting butt, seems very fun though! Hopefully if all goes well we can get another one going later in the season when the bite is really on and more local for the kayakers.. I'd mark my calendar for sure! Cheers to supporting the community!!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:52 PM   #25
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks for chiming in! I am betting some REALLY nice YT will be caught!addlee rsmilie:
Old 06-11-2017, 11:41 AM   #26
kurt

And WSB!
Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM   #27
Iceman
Administrator

1st place winner is going to get $800 and a $1399 kayak, the newly designed Malibu Kayaks Stealth 12. That is a $2199 payout for a kayak division.............nothing to sneeze at!

Old 06-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #28
kurt

bump
Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #29
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

I signed up for the kayak division, hope to see old and new friends on the water.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #30
Iceman
Administrator

Thanks guys!
Old 06-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #31
GTboosted

Am I required to attend the captains meeting? All vacation time is used up so I would make it to camp at night on Friday.

What is the last day to sign up?
Old 06-17-2017, 06:09 AM   #32
Iceman
Administrator

Beto, the Captains meeting is required as you would get the camera that is required along with instructions to adhere to the tournament rules and guidelines.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #33
Fishing619

Partner up

I have sing up for the tournament just wandering if any one want to partner up we can meet saturday morning and take off together, let me know thanks.
Fishing619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 PM   #34
GTboosted

oh man!
Andy thanks for doing this and promoting our sport. Hopefully there is a next year so that I can plan to take time off for the captains meeting.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #35
Iceman
Administrator

Regrettably the kayak division will not be happening this year due to low number of entries.The folks at BD Outdoors and I agreed that this was for the best. Those entered should have received an e mail and will be refunded entry fee.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:39 PM   #36
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Regrettably the kayak division will not be happening this year due to low number of entries.The folks at BD Outdoors and I agreed that this was for the best. Those entered should have received an e mail and will be refunded entry fee.
Andy that is a bummer BUTT they can still fish the San Quintin Halibut Tourney if they want. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote