Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #61
shortstack

I like the on the water shot better. You guys need to read the whole post. Some people are just born Idiots! Awsome catch Josh! Congrats!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #62
yakrider

unbelievable!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #63
frugalfisher

Awesome Fish!!

Gotta love those steaks!! Damn good work Josh. Congratulations!!!!!

James
Old 07-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #64
nabeeko

He does it again!

That thing is crazy big!
You are truly unbelievable...my super hero

Congrats again and again and again...
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 PM   #65
T Bone

Well Bellcon you got me good,thats for sure.Open mouth insert foot.I apologize for calling you a hater.I didnt know you were joshin'(pun intended).I was just sticking up for someone I have never met but hear nothing but good things about...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
Old 07-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #66
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Well Bellcon you got me good,thats for sure.Open mouth insert foot.I apologize for calling you a hater.I didnt know you were joshin'(pun intended).I was just sticking up for someone I have never met but hear nothing but good things about...
Some people will believe anything they read....

Barachit Baralah,Elohim-In the beginning,God-Genesis 1:1

Just kidding, peace to all the believers!

Again, holy hali-toad Josh!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #67
habanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post

A friend heard my screams of joy and came over to take some photos. I knew she was over forty, but I told Paul she looked short. Paul replied, "are you kidding me"? "She's long". Paul just got back from out of town and sent me one photo, I thought I'd share.

A little blurry, but it's not easy taking pictures with violently thrashing, battle-ship sinking, pissed off giant Halibut.
Why did it take you so long to post the second photo? You should be apologizing for the bad composite work and not this "Paul" fellow for the blurry camera work. By out of town, do you mean Alaska or is that fish enlarged like your ego and superimposed over a staged pose? Why are you wearing a nice button down shirt while fishing? It is obvious to my trained eye that this is some kind of Hollywood green screen trick. The dark edge along your sleeve show you should have not saved the original staged photo with pre-multiplied Alfa so it would blend better with the old La Jolla background photo. If you put so much time into doctoring a photo, you should at least hire a professional!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #68
MalibuJohnny

Busted again! Please just admit this one has been doctored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanero View Post
Why did it take you so long to post the second photo? You should be apologizing for the bad composite work and not this "Paul" fellow for the blurry camera work. By out of town, do you mean Alaska or is that fish enlarged like your ego and superimposed over a staged pose? Why are you wearing a nice button down shirt while fishing? It is obvious to my trained eye that this is some kind of Hollywood green screen trick. The dark edge along your sleeve show you should have not saved the original staged photo with pre-multiplied Alfa so it would blend better with the old La Jolla background photo. If you put so much time into doctoring a photo, you should at least hire a professional!
If you copy the photo and paste it onto a word document you can see the changes.

First, you paste the photo onto the document.

Second, right click the photo and select edit picture. There you will find the brightness and contrast. Slide the bar to that says brightness to about 5 or 6 then set the contrast bar to about 31-33. Then you will se the edge of the right shoulder, fish tail and hand... there you can see the shadow of the overlay of Josh onto the kayak. the more you move the brightness and contrast buttons the more defined the” paste" will become. I have already done it, but I cannot paste it into the area.

Pictures of interest…Photoshop?

The morning looked promising with a nice current (still dark?)

Mid-day I made that move to a spot where I caught a Flounder last week (still dark?)

A couple of hours passed without so much as a raked bait (still dark?)

My only hope is that my story will inspire (nope)

Make sure to pack a lunch (yellow tail sammies?)

I can appreciate the lack of monkey see monkey do mentality and being an only child I can relate (what if both monkey’s are only children?)

Maybe one man's trash is another man's treasure. (Calico bass trash?)

Most guys think I'm nuts when I release twenty pound Halibut or Flounder as I call them (full of *#&$ maybe)

With sore arms from the monster Yellowtail the last few weeks and plenty of White Seabass in the freezer (and the rest throughout the sushi restaurants in La Jolla)

I set out in pursuit of a new trophy. I've caught a few Halibut over forty in my time and released a number of Flounder this year, but I wanted a monster---a fish of a lifetime. (Oh here is where the story starts!)

Unfortunately, three Thresher Sharks and a big Black Seabass were on the other end of the line. (This would give any other mortal a boner)

Everything you could possibly want was in place, but I just had that feeling in my gut, a feeling that apparently wasn't going away. I made that annoying treck right back from where I came---the sandy desert. (Maybe guilt for telling another tall tale?)

But I was reminded on my first bait to always, always, always, follow your gut. (Huh?)

Please just admit this one has been doctored!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #69
Pescavore1

Who's busted?

OMG. Don’s negative post was made in jest but it looks like MalibuJohnny took it seriously. Don, you just couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? He fell for your story hook, line and sinker.

Oh wait, MalibuJohnny is just kidding too, right? I’m not falling for your bait, MJ. I took that photo on the beach in the dark so I know the fish is for real.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #70
Matt
Support your local pangas

Malibu Johnny

I assure you it's a legit fish.....

I have nothing against ya man, but why not use the ignore button if you don't want to read about Josh or other people you dislike???

In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?
I just don't get what your trying to acheive and I certainly don't have to either, it's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it and have every right to express your opinion...but why don't you use the PM and talk to him directly? Like my mom always used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say it why say it?" Do everyone a favor in the respect that if you have negative things to say to someone take it to the PM feature and handle it that way.

This is a public forum and you certainly have your right to post however you would like although I think in the general opinion of the board if you have something negative and personal to say to someone you shouldn't do it openly on the forum.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents on the matter. I have nothing against you Malibu Johnny as you have never said anything mean to me or about me that I am aware of and please don't mistake this a hateful post towards you just merely a suggestion to stop the division of a somewhat fragmented community as it is now anyway. I have no idea if you and Josh have had words before or have some personal battle going on, nor do I want to know it is not my business. I am just personally tired of all the negative things on fishing boards regardless of who put them there. Smile and go fish everybody!!!

OR

Post some fish pics of the ones you have caught and smile and realize that it's just fishing!

Last edited by Matt; 07-27-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #71
dorado50

Oh great Matt, now I have to stop popping the popcorn and put the beer back in the fridge and go back to working in the yard!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #72
MalibuJohnny

Nothing hateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Malibu Johnny

I assure you it's a legit fish.....

I have nothing against ya man, but why not use the ignore button if you don't want to read about Josh or other people you dislike???

In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?
I just don't get what your trying to acheive and I certainly don't have to either, it's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it and have every right to express your opinion...but why don't you use the PM and talk to him directly? Like my mom always used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say it why say it?" Do everyone a favor in the respect that if you have negative things to say to someone take it to the PM feature and handle it that way.

This is a public forum and you certainly have your right to post however you would like although I think in the general opinion of the board if you have something negative and personal to say to someone you shouldn't do it openly on the forum.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents on the matter. I have nothing against you Malibu Johnny as you have never said anything mean to me or about me that I am aware of and please don't mistake this a hateful post towards you just merely a suggestion to stop the division of a somewhat fragmented community as it is now anyway. I have no idea if you and Josh have had words before or have some personal battle going on, nor do I want to know it is not my business. I am just personally tired of all the negative things on fishing boards regardless of who put them there. Smile and go fish everybody!!!

OR

Post some fish pics of the ones you have caught and smile and realize that it's just fishing!
Can you prove that photo was not tampered with? (like the others before?) This has nothing to do with the FISH!

Listen...I am not a lurker as most of you think! I dont waste a lot of time waiting for another "ghost" story or how someone can hold his breath for three minutes. I have my share of fish stories and fish pictures...I don't fish for the Threahers, White Seabass, Yellowtail or even want to spend the day dealing with the mass of nuckle heads trying to mount a throphy being lead by someone who post stories that are at most novella's.

The pictures I would post are of no value to most of you anyway. I spend my Kayak time with my kids, and the young family members. We drift the bays and channels hope to get just a fish...a trophy at one pound to these kids. So me posting pictures of kids with barely legal fish, well I don't think it would give any of the Josh minion or underlings the boner they would get otherwise.

As far as the "In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?" matter goes...The posts on this site are the exact reason why people want to close these areas to fishing. PETA and all those other Human-i-acts will see thess magnificant fish hanging from the grinning silly smiles and react. Just like you would if you saw something that seems to have suffered. I have had my fill of "ghosts" and really big fish, after spending 8 years as deckhand on most of the local boats (and some in San Diego) so it wouldn't bother me one bit not to fish LJ...now don't forget, my letters and emails and cash has gone the same places yours has.

One more thing, I have had the pleasure of standing in a group of fellow Kayak Fisherman while listening to Josh tell another amazing fish story...was'nt empressed then and won't be... Sorry Minion and Underlings.

I love to fish and will continue as long as I live...don't need some one or a group of "ghost hunters" to give me a hand and by no means any jealousy.
Just get that correct.

So make sure your stories are true and the pictures not phony...there are a few other out there who feel the same

Once again I will say I will refrane from my comments, as I have respect for the greater percentage who participate in the fourm. I will only say nice things when I can...

I sware! X
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #73
dorado50

I (we) been insulted again.....as in 'knucklehead"..."underling".. however your rebuttal contradicts itselfThe popcorn is back in the micro....

Last edited by dorado50; 07-27-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spell
Old 07-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #74
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Wow....my computer goes down for a couple days and look what I miss...

Pass the popcorn Dave....

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Old 07-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #75
-scallywag-
Banned

skip the popcorn, i'll have a beer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -scallywag- View Post
Dude!!! u just stole johnnymalibu's glory, he's gonna be pissed!!!! i think u got every angle and even one up'ed him with this one....
"get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."
hahahahah.....i guess i was wrong.....i love you johnny, you never dissapoint, your responces are priceless and i respect your $.02. I personally like the way Josh edits out the backgrounds, baits, beers and bongs from his pictures...it keeps me on my toes, plus i respect the fact that this is his lively hood and regularly posting pictures is great form of advertising...you flaming his posts keeps them at the top of the board for weeks on end generating thousands of hits
Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #76
DENNYh

what...Did someone say bong?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #77
driftwood

let me explain the definition of small penis syndrome M.J.

Definition: This is a term used to describe men who suffer from excessive anxiety about their male organ. These men catch average sized fish. and they are suffering mentally because They are threatened and become jealous of another mans big fish.

This could be part of obsessive thinking, larger psychosis or even dysmporphic disorder! (this could explain why they will use words like, "mortal a boner"

researchers have recommended that the individuals who suffer from small penis syndrome should attend counseling treatment, this should be the first course of action. Medications and surgery should not come into the resolution given the fact that there is perhaps nothing wrong with the the size fish they cach and go home with. The fact is M.J... at the end of the long fishing day, some just go home with bigger bonies!

I write this not to offend you M.J. but, Once you admit to this obsessive-compulsive behavior the sooner you can be helped.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:19 PM   #78
Matt
Support your local pangas

So much for trying to ask peeps nicely to take a higher road.......

On a brightside I am yak fishing in the a.m. and running the skiff out in the p.m. instead of just internet fishing..........

Maybe some of you should try that sometime????

Last edited by Matt; 07-27-2009 at 07:00 PM. Reason: I refrained from what I really badly want to say!!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #79
habanero

WOW! I go away for a day or two and this happen.

Quote:
I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!
BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?
Old 07-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #80
habanero

WOW! I go away for a day or two and this happen.

Quote:
I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!
BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?
Closed Thread