Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
mwm

What goes around ...

Looks like the "bought" vote for the MLPA recommendation on the Fish and Game commission is out. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...except maybe Meg. Hopefully someone that respects anglers rights will get appointed in his place.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/07/29/292...ossed-off.html
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

I don't know where to start with my reaction to reading this article. Wow. If I ever had the thought that we remain a country "of the people, by the people, for the people", I will probably need to rethink my opinion. The new mantra should be "of the money, by the money, for the money".

While I tentatively take some hope that a purchased politician who sides against us is out of the picture, I cannot jump for joy until I know who will fill his shoes. This whole process sucks.

The older I get, the more disillusioned I become. Greed and hardball politics seem to control everything. I long for the day when the words spoken by Mr. Lincoln many years ago will again define our way of life.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 07-30-2010 at 08:33 AM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Gino

Greed and harball persuastions is the nature of the beast that is politics. nothing ever goes without a check handed here... a check handed over there... it is what it is. Thats why less of it, is always better.

But besides all that, Good Benninghoven is gone, Hip hip Hurray! The guy who worte this article really sound slike a Crybaby. making Benninghiven out to be a "martyr" oh come on. The same Enviormental special intrest play the same game, but becuase they are out to save the sea turtles and the fat lazy seals, thier lobbying and corruption is just!

But fisherman put together money form the collective, and from related buisness to stop the closures, and oppose Benninghoven, and were the bad guys, As if the MLPA itself isnt a child of the same special intrest from the enviormental left.

In Sacramento when they run out of toilet paper, they use the Bee
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
j mo

Thanks for passing on the article. I love the "objectivity" of the author of the article, poor Don B. a tireless beurocrat ....

"The effort generated hundreds of e-mails to the state Senate opposing him" wow it actually worked!

Last edited by j mo; 07-30-2010 at 07:10 AM.
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #5
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by j mo View Post
Thanks for passing on the article. I love the "objectivity" of the author of the article....

"The effort generated hundreds of e-mails to the state Senate opposing him" wow it actually worked!

i would like to think so, it's great to see results so quickly
Old 07-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #6
mwm

This does reinforce the message that all those email and letters sent during the MLPA campaign were not in vain. This is a political process and if you don't voice your opinion, even if you think it is pointless to do so, you are sealing your own fate.
mwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
kurt

Now Beninghoven can nod off at home instead of the meetings. Hopefully his replacement won't be worse.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Billy V

I sent my e mail requesting that he Not be confirmed.

This should serve as notice ! Don't give up the Fight.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #9
Willy

Gawd.
Just reading the article title and the first sentence was enough to make me throw up in my mouth.

That was a perfect example of amateurish, high school quality journalism. At least the author didn't have any bias.

Think about it this way, perhaps the very things that make our broken system dysfunctional may keep the MLPA process frozen for a good amount of time.
I still find it appalling that in the midst of a massive budget crisis this process is even being considered. What a huge waste of time and money.

Bleh!

Willy
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
dgax65
Guerro Grande

That was an editorial, so it doesn't have to be objective. What it does show is the institutional bias towards the environmental movement. I saw lots of grassroots work against the MLPA. Many hard-working fishermen taking time off from their jobs to have their voices heard. That's not astroturfing. Maybe the douchebag who wrote that piece of garbage should have looked more closely at the pro-MLPA crowd. Clueless school kids bussed in to act as props, paid environmental activists and lawyers who live off of enviro-lawsuits is what he would have seen if he had opened his damn eyes. The Packard Foundation buys their own private government agency and that is OK for this tool, but we get help from a lobbying group and its astroturfing? F**k him.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #11
Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
That was an editorial, so it doesn't have to be objective. What it does show is the institutional bias towards the environmental movement. I saw lots of grassroots work against the MLPA. Many hard-working fishermen taking time off from their jobs to have their voices heard. That's not astroturfing. Maybe the douchebag who wrote that piece of garbage should have looked more closely at the pro-MLPA crowd. Clueless school kids bussed in to act as props, paid environmental activists and lawyers who live off of enviro-lawsuits is what he would have seen if he had opened his damn eyes. The Packard Foundation buys their own private government agency and that is OK for this tool, but we get help from a lobbying group and its astroturfing? F**k him.
well said! This is obviously a 1 sided article. Nothing new in that newspaper these days.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgax65 View Post
dgax65, well said, love the last part F**K him. LOL
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote