Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #21
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
I love My Ulua and 338, by far my favorite jig stick I own or have ever owned. Actually thinking about wrapping a 10' Ulua next just cause.
That's what makes constantly buy jigs, rods, reels, books, magazines with the surface iron imprinted. People ask me, "Why do you spend the immense amount of money of surface iron stuff?" I used to give a list of reasons, no a more reasonable explaination is as you said, "just cause."
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #22
tj805
Junior

i presonaly have a torium 16 and love it
i got a killer deal on it like 160 brand new
but is is super reliabile and i can fish for rockfish,halibit,salmon and albcore all with the same real
is just have few differnt rods
plus a loot of people tell me it is excacle the same as the trinidad just minus one bearing an 200 bucks hahaha
tj805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
Lets_Fish

Lots of great information all have contributed here. I'm in the market for a new rod & reel and all this has been very informative for me.

On the lighter side,
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DARKHORSE View Post
I still like to think, I improve every-time I'm on the water. And if a twenty-foot, hot pink, upside down coffee grinder with spectra can cast 200 yards---you might see me swinging one before it's all said and done.
I can just see you now, 50+ pounds heavier and tossing the iron beyond the horizon! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqj-1r2VH5w
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:27 PM   #24
RookieYakker

BUMP

I was trying to educate my self on a good setup for throwing surface iron and came across this thread. Some great info!

I have a couple Toriums, but I'm still not sure what to look for in a rod to pair it with
RookieYakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #25
roadx

THE DARK HORSE and The KID on the same thread!!!
pure gold!!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #26
Gr8fuldude

Can anyone weigh in on the Penn Fathom 25N. Supposedly it's got the narrow spool and can free spool for forever and a day. Anyone here recommend it or not?
Gr8fuldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:14 PM   #27
roadx

OK I'm gonna be the odd man out and suggest shimano 100 charter special, lever drag level wind. About $ 90.00. Cast control and graghite reel. Awesome yak setup. And yes it will chuck a iron a mile