Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
scooter
Junior

It's fun to check stuff out even if you don't buy. I went by the Avet group outside the LB covention center to cast their new reels (and effed up with a BIG bird's nest on their new magnetic reel that was supposed to limit that stuff!) and got a free hat for their trouble, bought some unibutter for the first time (seemed like a good deal and supported local business). Also learned to fly cast (only the basic cast, obviously) and watched seminars on the new frog lure and some other stuff. Should have brought some dull knives because a sharpener-seller was offering to show me how well his stuff worked. Also they had big outdoor fishing pond for the little kids. My kids are too big now but lots of little ones there getting their feet wet, so to speak. I just think its like being in a big candy store for fishing and outdoors. And I did the United Angler deal, it's only slightly more than admission and for a good cause.
I'm going again this year even if I don't buy anything.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
It's fun to check stuff out even if you don't buy. I went by the Avet group outside the LB covention center to cast their new reels (and effed up with a BIG bird's nest on their new magnetic reel that was supposed to limit that stuff!) and got a free hat for their trouble, bought some unibutter for the first time (seemed like a good deal and supported local business). Also learned to fly cast (only the basic cast, obviously) and watched seminars on the new frog lure and some other stuff. Should have brought some dull knives because a sharpener-seller was offering to show me how well his stuff worked. Also they had big outdoor fishing pond for the little kids. My kids are too big now but lots of little ones there getting their feet wet, so to speak. I just think its like being in a big candy store for fishing and outdoors. And I did the United Angler deal, it's only slightly more than admission and for a good cause.
I'm going again this year even if I don't buy anything.
I heard about you getting that birds nest, they weren't too happy with that from what someone was telling me. You made their product look bad.

I'm not an Avet fan so I thought that was pretty funny.

I love going to walk around and see people from this site and some others that I go on. I always stock up on the UniButter and help out the locals.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
tony

I've always liked that big saltwater fish tank they have there. I find it interesting that the Spotties lay around on the bottom waiting for room service while the Calicos and Sand bass are always moving...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoN2JdeJUmM&NR=1
tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Lets_Fish

Long Beach this year!

I'm planning on going to the Long Beach show this year on either Friday or Saturday with my brother. Years past I have always went there but last year I went to Del Mar since I was out of town for the Long Beach show. Was not overly impressed with it size compared to Long Beach (much larger). This year I think there will be some good travel deals. Hope to see/meet some of the BWE crew there.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

We will be there, love how they schedule the fishing show on the lad's birthday weekend, so nice of them...

Hey Mr. Ed Whited, remember back in the day seeing us rolling through the line, me on the skateboard and Clay in the 4-wheel drive stroller? Makes me grin ear to ear when I think of how much you dug that...

Always a good time in DM...can't wait to see Clay work the Bongo babes again...

And any vendors on here working the show, kick down some b-day chit for the boy beyotches...

And don't forget to sample the jerky...over and over again...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
And any vendors on here working the show, kick down some b-day chit for the boy beyotches...
Ha! always workin it!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Hell yeah...but you knew that my brotha...

Question is, do ya really blame me? How many times I had to perform vessel assist, c'mon now...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 AM   #8
commguy0621
Junior

Where is it at and when does it start
commguy0621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
Lets_Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by commguy0621 View Post
Where is it at and when does it start
Look here, all info you need.
http://www.fredhall.com/
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
herbo

Hell Ya I'll be there!!! Friday, hope to see some of you, (I'll be slipping over my drool on the new goodies out there) among other things.....H
Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
mtnbykr2

can't gotill the last sunday, kinda like the last hour of the garage sale...lol
still soooooo much fun
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbykr2 View Post
can't gotill the last sunday, kinda like the last hour of the garage sale...lol
still soooooo much fun
I like going on the last day because many of the sellers don't want to pack things up, the would rather sell them.
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote