Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #1
Lbcmxg

Newbieee from long beach!!

Wats up guy just got me a malibu stealth 9. Been kayaking once but never fishing from one. Just wondering were I can launch the kayak from and fish from a spot not to far out. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks!!
Lbcmxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
al3ktro
Junior

New kayaker here too. From what I've heard and seen there is some easy launching and fishing out of Cabrillo Beach in San Pedro. There is also a Jetty on 72nd St. in Long Beach that has a nice area for parking and is never crowded. Let me know if your ever headed out to those spots, always looking for some one to fish with. Good luck!
al3ktro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #3
Lbcmxg

Right on dude. I've been looking around online seem like the jetty is a cool spot. Ill hit u up wen I'm thinking of going I want to get another pole set up before I go out.
Lbcmxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
AirborneYak

Hit me up. I'm in long beach too. Usually fish the islands and rocketfish fishes in long beach a lot too. Pm either one of us.
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 05:22 AM   #5
Fishin' Magician

Other places that you might want to try are Alamitos Bay, Huntington Harbor, Newport Harbor and Dana Point. All have pretty easy launch areas. And Mission Bay and San Diego Bay are pretty good as well. Just get down to wherever you go early enough to get a parking spot. During the summer months, they go quickly!
Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
Rocketfish

Yeah, I frequent Long Beach a lot. Went there Sunday and today actually. Nothing spectacular though, especially today since my reel decided to crap out on me and i wasted 30 minutes fixing it. Let me know when you wanna go to LB. It's always cool to go with others on the yak!

Fishin'Magician is right on. All those spots are really cool. I haven't been soutn of Newport yet, though, but all of them offer free parking and places to launch if you know where to go
Rocketfish is offline   Reply With Quote