Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #1
Viper3173

First Yellowtail and First 20+# Fish

My 4th time out at La Jolla and got lucky! Launched around 5:45, just behind fishnfool. Bait was surprisingly easy to come by, I filled up with an assortment of 12 macs in about 10 mins.

I headed out to open water and threw a greenie out on a flyline and immediately got hit with back to back 5-6# bonito. Since I really wanted a Yellow before the bite is gone this season so I paddled a few hundred yards further, away from the bonito, dropped another mac back and 15 mins or so later, zzzzzzzzz!

The fight was on, and he was a brute. 4 nice long runs and ~10 mins later I landed this beauty. My first yellow and first fish over 20# ever, I am stoked.

It was only 7:55 when I landed it but I was spent and had to get home early so I headed in with my prize. Came in at 29# on my bathroom scale (not sure how accurate that is). If I wasn't hooked on yak fishing before, I definitely am now!

Attachment 13794
Attached Images

Last edited by Viper3173; 11-05-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Viper3173 is offline   Reply With Quote