Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
steveooo

Dana Pt 1-20

Couldnt afford gas to LJ so i headed out to Dana Pt this a.m. Beautiful morning, if you like to hang out in the freezer. Had the ocean to myself, except for a few whales. Tons of birds, huge balls of bait everywhere, nothin big pushin them up except macks. Swell was big and was headed straight west. Did the usual small bass thing. I know they are a common fish but I had never caught a sand bass off the yak until this a.m. She was a monster as you can see. Nice to check another one off the list i guess. :?

Also landed a double hook-up on calicos.

Wind picked up BIG TIME about 9:30 a.m., I was lucky it was blowin the way I was goin. Set up for a speed drift for the flat kind, trying to get some january WCW pts.
Ill try to get down to LJ before the end of the month and try to land a slam :P
Happy Fishin , Steveooo
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
Dean Machine

That wind is always great when it works in your favor but it sure makes the paddle back through the harbor along the jetti alot of work. Sometimes I like to launch over by the beach just to avoid that. I'm thinking of hitting up the point for a session this weekend but I'm not sure. I guess it's like you said, If I get lazy I could always stick my head in my freezer after I run it under some water and get close to the same effect. Saw some FROST on the ground today. B B BRRRRRRR!!!!!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
Ryan The Sealion

yeah i woke up for LJ and felt that wind...went right back to sleep :lol: not a bad pair of cali's..
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote