Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Mon 8/27 @ LJ

Hit up LJ on Monday. The "right kind" was tough to make for bait. Made due with what I had and loaded the tank up with the wrong kind hoping Mr. Biscuit or Mrs. Mossback would switch their dietary needs promptly.

Did quite a few drifts with a bait on the bottom and a flylined bait. Metered more than a few worms and boomerangs checking out my bait on the Dropper Loop.

The guys with the right kind put a hurting on a couple of fish, though. Overall, a slow day for the masses of yakkers, but fun anyways. Saw Wade at the launch and checked out his WSB ink. The pics don't do it justice.

Finished up the day dicking off in the kelp after jigging up a couple tarpon for bait. Jeez, the 'dines are huge! Back to back in the kelp I set out a sardine and brought in a 5+ lb. calico. Snapped 2 pics of them on my iPhone, then promptly soaked it like a complete asshat. So much for that phone.

10 lb's. approx. of calicos and a ruined iPhone. I'd do it all over again! Well, maybe my next phone will stay in it's ziploc next time.
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Mr. Adventure
Damn Hippy

lifeproof case man
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Aaron&Julie

Jerry, a 5lb calico beats a skunk, but too bad about your camera. I keep ours in its soft case, in a dry bag, along with a couple of other valuables. The nylon cord attached to the camera, additionally has a 2" diameter, 1.5" pool noodle attached with a cable tie, so that when taken out for on the water shots, should it fall overboard I should be able to retrieve it right away. It's an Optio W10 waterproof camera, but since I don't want to take any chances, I keep it out of the water, so far. It takes great photos.
Aaron
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
steveooo

My 1 month old iPhone 4s took a swim a few trips back. It is a new reef somewhere out by the NW corner- hopefully the fish are playing angry birds or something like that. Guess who recently added insurance to their plan
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
seriola_killer
Sled Peddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
lifeproof case man

Although their product is nice, I don't particularly care for the owners of that company.
seriola_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
PapaDave

Try a Casio Gzone phone, it's water proof, ice proof, heat proof, shock resistant. And it is waterproof, I've tried that out, not on purpose either. It doesn't float but I'm sure you can improvise.