Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #1
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

LJ 4/1/07

Launched around 0530 off a summer style crowded launch. Not sure but I think Andy slid out just before me while I was helping out a LJ newb, I could be wrong though. Headed to the pier to what turned out to be a WOT (waste of time). Turned towards deeper water and scratched up a greenie outside the now imaginary reserve bouys A and B. I soon finished up my bait gathering session with a quick dozen spanish outside the kelp in front of the condo. Pretty unproductive day for me. Heard that some YT came up NW of the point which resulted in a PBer landing a YT. Other than that, it looked pretty slow for everone else. Didn't see anyone I recognized. They're either avoiding the weekend crowd or they have better scoop than I do (which would be any scoop at all). Off the water by noon and just in time for the thick, low lying marine layer to burn off. Until next Sunday....

Nathan
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
dgax65
Guerro Grande

Not a very productive day for me either. Lots of Spanish, but not even the sea lion seemed interested today. The one good bite I got made a real strong run to the kelp. I was feeling pretty good when the spectra sawed through the first stringer, then the fish promptly found another and was gone. I did get a nice sized tree fish for my efforts .

Water seemed a little dirty. Hope it clears up soon. I'd like to get a PM or two in this week.

Note to Dude in the yellow Prowler; don't paddle up to everybody you see and yell "you got any pot?" WTF? Must have been visiting from Amsterdam.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #3
madscientist

I saw a guy in a yellow prowler fishing what looked to me like the inside of the reserve as I headed out this afternoon. Guess he found what he was looking for.lol
Old 04-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

I traded bait for beer with that guy... He was already drunk by 10am
Old 04-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #5
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I saw him fishing, about the same time Brad went out, and he was most definitely inside the preserve, but I was with some kids from our church and couldn't say anything at the time. Definatly a wreck waiting to happen.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

No offense but that's no reason not to say anything.. I found that most guys are pretty cool if you use a little tact when letting them know they're in the wrong. A friendly reminder will get a friendly response 95% of the time. For the other 5%, Caltip can handle that.. It's dudes like him that run the risk of ruining it for the rest of us.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #7
madscientist

Not my job to police the reserve line. The absence of the yellow can makes it a bit tougher as well. The guy I saw was maybe 50yds inside, but that's just my rough guess from trying to line up the outer buoy.

I think what handyman meant was that he was far away from the guy and didn't want to lead his pack of young 'uns out that far.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
Handymansd
Ancient Member

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote