Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #1
Kayak_Bernie
Live Watersports ProStaff

Mission Bay Saturday 6/27

Just a quick report: Went out on the L2FISH SUP this Saturday for a quick morning session, I launched on the northside of Ventura Cove (by the Bahia hotel) I was fishing by 5:50AM, with the incoming tide and the wind it made for a few quick drifts just past the swimming buoys in the cove right there. The bite was the best I've had in a few months. Every cast I was getting multiple strikes and landed 10 fish over 13'' in about 2 hours several more in the "scrappy doo"range (small but feisty). I swear sometime those little 8''-10'' fish hit harder than the big ones. Since I am using ultra light gear (8lb braid and 6lb flouro leader) the bigger fish make for a heck of a fight. The wind really started pumping from the NE and I paddled back to the cove behind the Mission Bay Yacht Club to get out of the wind, nobody home back there. The wind calmed a bit and I decided to drift back to cove where I launched and I picked up another 5 fish all in the 10-12' range. I decided to switch baits just to see if I could entice a larger model and I only got one but she was a chunky 16" fish. Lots of cast later and not much else. Back at the launch I got a few more scrappy doo's and then decided that I would head back home so I could take my girlfriend up to Temecula for some wine tasting. Overall a great morning , I was off the water by 9 am before the crowds. I used an 1/4oz Owner Flashy Swimmer hook with a 4" pearl colored curly tail grub to catch all but one of the fish, the big one came on a Z-man Redfish Spinner with a 4" Z-man Swimbait in new penny color. Both lures were dunked in Pro-Cure Calico Cocktail about every 8 cast

Hit me up if you want to fish sometime, I always enjoy meeting new folks from the forum!
Cheers, Bernie

Safety Director
Kayak_Bernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #2
octico

I love that calico cocktail. Thanks for the report.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote