Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Is there gonna be a test or can I just go on to Sonar 102? lol. Very kewl info there yani. I knew why the arches were shaped like they are, but I did assume that different densities of substance would give off different returns. I will take your last bit of advise under consideration on the next snow day in Palm Springs this month .
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #22
cjthomas

Thanks Yani for recommending the 728.

I saw your post (2 weeks ago) and started doing the research on that unit and comparable units. I basically found that this unit had the most power/pixels before you start paying a lot and upgrade to color. After my research I found one on e-bay for about 50 bucks cheaper than MSRP (I know no warranty, but I'll deal with Hbird if I need to) which fit my budget of a recently graduated college student.

As far as how any FF works, Lowrance has an excellent tutorial that describes with pictures and video how exactly they work and why we get arches.

http://www.lowrance.com/Support/Tips...onar-Tutorial/

I imagine the difference will be like night and day compared to my 100 (RMS) watt FF I'm currently using. PS: Don't be fooled by "peak-to-peak" measurements, they are a fancy way of making the unit look more powerful than it actually is.
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #23
maui jim

Thanks,This explains alot more than the manuals.
Looks like I almost had it figured out, but I had some doubts and questions but this clears it up.