Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #81
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Someone suggested that the Kayak Fishing Report section is probably not the best place to hold a discussion about the merits of Catch and Release practices. He was right. Lets move this discussion to the General Kayak Fishing section.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #82
dorado50

Matt u funny!!! You know my bad days outnumber my good days 20 to 1 ...
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #83
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsafety View Post
Jim, you sure have riled them up over at BD.
Well it was fun for a while....

You know it's weird for me: since I both fish skiffs and kayak I feel like I can see both sides. I've posted at BD since it first started up and used to have a reputation there but since I started yakking I don't post much because there is so much info I can't post there.

Seems I pissed off some of the new guys who do not know me, and I got a lot of the standard BS.

I just said what a lot of people are thinking, as to what went down afterwards, well I guess that was pretty predictable.

I got several PM's from the mods over the thread, some saying it was good to see me posting and others saying if I didn't watch it they were going to boot my ass. Par for the course when you start saying things that are not the status quo.

Hopefully it will make some guys think about posting your info from here to there, but who knows.

As to the whole wasted fish BS.... One word... Freezer!!!

I got maybe thirty pounds in mine but that is not going to keep me fro trying for more. It all get's eaten and it's far too good to let go bad.

Jim
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #84
FISHIONADO

Jim Day, please do not speak for La Jolla kayakers on BD. You do not represent us. You've been involved in way too many of these retarded internet fights. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

I apologize to retarded people.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #85
j mo

love this one....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post

j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #86
T Bone

please tell me I m not the only one who is confused...

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:10 PM   #87
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Jim Day, please do not speak for La Jolla kayakers on BD. You do not represent us.
Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

It was not my intention to represent kayaking or BWE there at all. I certainly do not claim to a representative for anyone. I don't speak for anyone but myself..... ever!

I may of said the original post made a number of people upset, but that does not mean I speak for those people.

As to BD my posts there were not an attack against BD.

I love Bloody decks it's a great site, it's one of the few places I feel free to say what I really think. Maybe I pushed that freedom a little far, and it probably is not the first time either.

That said: I've been posting there for seven years, and brother there is nothing else like it on the web.

Just because I don't post as much as I used to, or just because I don't like the original post that started that thread doesn't mean I'm anti BD. That's ridiculous. I love BD can't imagine tuna fishing without it. Best Offshore info in So. Cal hands down!!

Believe it or not I had the best of intentions over there. When guys post your info there it causes the PB fleet to converge on La Jolla. They do not realise it's an issue, I do. I was just trying to bridge the gap and make them aware of it.

You know the thing about the web is people say things in the heat of the moment that maybe they should not say. After all there are no checks and balances, it's not like your facing the person your talking to.

Maybe I said some things i should not of said over there.

Maybe some others said them as well, but eventually the dust will settle and I'll still be fishing. All this web stuff is cyber dust but the fishing remains and ultimately that is all I really care about.

Just my take though, and like I said your are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Jim

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 02-05-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #88
FISHIONADO

Thanks Jim, I get it. But you did stir up some shit over there....

It's not just you, I would have worn out a "douche nozzle" button on these threads.

Peace all, I hope everyone nails a good fish soon. PM when I can pick up some fillets so they don't go to waste.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 PM   #89
TCS

Go ahead and represent. You are credible, have a point and it provides great entertainent. I didn't paddle out this morning, but I heard that one of the power boats caught a ray, everyone else came up empty. So a lot of good it did them after all.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #90
blackcloud9
Kayaker

Great job on getting the big yellowtail onboard - nice photo too.

Thought I would get one last kayak 50# club photo up on this thread,
since the rest are here. This was caught 30 days before Arne's in fall 2005.
You can't convince me that mine wasn't luck - I wasn't even fishing for
yellowtail .....

Silly hat award ----> I win!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...loud9/Fishing/
blackcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #91
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

You know what?

This sheeeeet is phoookin' stupid. Over and over again.

Arne, nice catch I would've done the same. How many PBers release YT?

I can remember the day when on my boat, I would leave an area after catching dinks, looking for the bigger models. Because I didn't want to limit out.

Phookin bash people because they catch fish...must be too slow this time of year.
And if you go on BD and brag about your exploits, guess what, you are just as guilty..wake the phook up. And you know who you are.

...quoted from Fishionado...Jim Day, please do not speak for La Jolla kayakers on BD. You do not represent us. You've been involved in way too many of these retarded internet fights. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Well said...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #92
lamb

Quote:
It was not my intention to represent kayaking or BWE there at all...... ever!
Yeah Jim, but it sure sounds like you are, for people jumping in between the boards and reading it.

BWE has always been tight with BD. Lots of people that built this board and are still here did their Internet fishing growing up on BD. We're friends, we fish together.

I'll pull one out of Jason's pocket - don't bring my boards down with negative BS. I'm much nicer than Jason, so I'll ask you kindly to please stop and give us all a break.

Preaching to people on Internet fishing forums by posting at the same place whether it's cool to post or not, where or how....

Is silly.

NICE 50 lbers you few of you...
never caught one bigger than 38.
workin' on it
Old 02-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #93
Dan

nice fish
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:09 PM   #94
dorado50

I must have ten tee shirts that say "SHUT UP AND FISH". Good time to start wearing them.No wonder only 10 % of fisherman catch fish, the other 90% are spewing their agenda on the internet..............and thats a beaut. Larry...
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 PM   #95
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
I must have ten tee shirts that say "SHUT UP AND FISH". Good time to start wearing them.No wonder only 10 % of fisherman catch fish, the other 90% are spewing their agenda on the internet..............and thats a beaut. Larry...
Do you have one in an XL and one Medium?

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #96
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Thanks Jim, I get it. Peace all, I hope everyone nails a good fish soon. PM when I can pick up some fillets so they don't go to waste.
Thanks for the comeback and the same right back at you.

Jim
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #97
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud9 View Post
Silly hat award ----> I win!
Yeah but it's that's great pic of a beautiful tail Larry.

So got it on the scupper pro, them Hobbie gods will be angry...

Jim
Old 02-06-2010, 09:05 AM   #98
DESTROYER

Funny part of this Thread is that many of you change when you sit behind the computer. I've met just about every single person on this thread and you are all nice guys with different views.

What caused this thread to go south? Was it the crappy weather or the fact that people kept fish within the DFG guidlines? Sounds pretty retarded to me! Boredom can make you do stupid things.

I don't get to fish that much these days so when I catch a fish, I'm sticking it, filleting it, vacume sealing it, and freezing it.
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #99
steveooo

Dear 50 lb club,

With Love,
Steve (Former kayak fisherman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcloud9 View Post
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #100
Arne

Back at ya Steveooo